Sign in with
Your question
Solved

M.M.O. 7 Not compatible with Win 8?

Last response: in Windows 8
November 17, 2012 7:08:18 PM

Hey, I just got my MMO 7 a few weeks ago and have been loving the pure awesome! I just decided to upgrade to win 8 cause its pretty kewl and i checked all my shniz to see if it was compatible just to be sure, everything looked good...

Theres a few little things i can deal with but one i cant figure out is how to get my buttons working now. Ive tryed uninstalling and re-installing, reboots before and after... But all i have is a standard 5 button mouse...?

Theres site says it runs with win 8 and the driver looks like it should be working, it loads up, i can set profiles and macro keys and change DPI... But even in their own "Test" option i cant get a single button to function.

Anyone had this prob and found how to fix it? kinda a waist of $130 bucks if i can get one at Walmart that can do the same thing this one does now for $15...

More about : compatible win

November 17, 2012 7:10:50 PM

Have you tried their Win 7 drivers? A lot of Win 7 and Vista drivers still work for Win 8, just as Vista drivers often work for Win 7.
m
l
November 17, 2012 7:18:24 PM

The current one im using says win7/8 but i will go try some different ones and play around with em
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
November 17, 2012 7:21:27 PM

I am using it now and it's working fine, it's compatible.

You need to download the software, not the drivers: http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
November 17, 2012 7:30:44 PM

Maybe you should submit a TICKET with Madcatz support.

I do know that because Windows 8 is so new there are a lot of driver issues, and "compatible" with Windows 8 doesn't always mean full functionality yet.

My sound card has volume issues and I've been told a driver is coming in January 2013.

*Make sure that your MOTHERBOARD drivers are up to date as well, don't just use the ones Windows 8 installed. If there are no Windows 8 drivers for your board maybe try Windows 7 drivers.

Make sure to check your Device Manager to see if there are any CONFLICTS or Missing Drivers.
m
l
November 17, 2012 7:39:16 PM

edogawa said:
I am using it now and it's working fine, it's compatible.

You need to download the software, not the drivers: http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm

Sexy Awesome! >.< Much thanks for the help guys. See, thats why i come here... Even with my decent knowledge of Dems compuitars i still miss stuff. I had the driver, (on the right) but didnt DL the software that was on the left... ~Face Palm~
Feel like the last 2 hours of my life have been kinda wasted but yoo just gained an eternal friend my friend!

The program looks a bit different from what i had in 7 and so far the buttons are mapping and functioning in "Test" so im happy, Luvs yoh faces! Thanks
m
l
November 17, 2012 7:42:36 PM

Best answer selected by ThatgGuyOverThere.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
November 17, 2012 11:06:52 PM

No Problem. :D 
m
l
!