peter

Hi, i have a problem with my floppy drive. I know my
floppy works because my computer looks for a disk in the
flppy drive for a boot disk and the green light comes on.
However, when it loads into my windows XP, the floppy
drive is not detected at all. When i go to "My Computers"
the floppy icon is not even there. Can someone please
help me? and e-mail me with any suggestions or
information.

Look in Device Manager to see if it has been disabled in
Windows. The boot check is done from the BIOS, once Windows
boots, Windows controls.

"Peter" <poloy2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hi, i have a problem with my floppy drive. I know my
| floppy works because my computer looks for a disk in the
| flppy drive for a boot disk and the green light comes on.
| However, when it loads into my windows XP, the floppy
| drive is not detected at all. When i go to "My Computers"
| the floppy icon is not even there. Can someone please
| help me? and e-mail me with any suggestions or
| information.

tomas

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

I have the same problem regarding floppy and XP.
Sometimes XP can't detect my disk with error
message "Insert floppy ..." (eventhough the floppy is
already in the drive and the LED light is on), sometimes
XP gives error "Floppy is unformatted ..." (which is not
the case because I've used it before) or even error
message like "The disk is formatted with MacIntosh..."
which is, again, not the case.
Once I worked with Win98 and then moved to XP. The floppy
worked fine in Win98 but when I inserted it to XP, the
machine said that it's formatted with MacIntosh.
This problem happens in random order :=). If it's my
lucky day :=), I don't get error message at all for the
whole day. Sometimes I can work for half day before error
message appear or even the problem starts in the morning.
If the error message appears, the floppy will be
useless. "Chkdsk /f" doesn't fix the floppy. Sometimes
Norton Disk Doctor can repair but most of the times can't.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem and has a
solution?

Thanks so much.
tomas.