P4PE-X and P4 2.8C w/HT

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the P4PE-X
motherboard, and using the P4 2.8C Hyper threading CPU in it. I just built
this computer a couple months ago and it kept freezing at random and just
very unstable. I turned off hyperthreading in the bios and now it's fine.
Anybody have any experience with this?

"Jody Pellerin" <jodypell@NOSPAMnb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the P4PE-X
> motherboard, and using the P4 2.8C Hyper threading CPU in it. I just built
> this computer a couple months ago and it kept freezing at random and just
> very unstable. I turned off hyperthreading in the bios and now it's fine.
> Anybody have any experience with this?

I am having the exact same problem with the P4PE-X. Tried both a 2.80C and a
3.2 P4 (800PFSB w/HT). Using Asus recommended memory. The system will lock
up shortly after booting into whatever OS I have loaded. Unlike you,
shutting off Hyperthreading in the motherboard has NOT helped. I have
flashed the BIOS to version 1007. I have a 2.667GHz P4 with 533FSH (no HT),
and it is solid as a rock.

What's going on?

--
Chris Hough

Hrm maybe it wasn't turning off the hyperthreading that fixed mine o_O I did
change the video memory aperture (Sp?) size to 128, as that's the size on my
card. But I also changed VGA profile from PCI to AGP. I have an AGP video
card.... maybe that's what fixed it. Hrm... give that a try and let me know
if it works.