Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP Scanjet 6300C

Tags:
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 13, 2004 8:28:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

XP System cannot "find" subject item on USB interface.
Have HP's latest driver. Is scanner obsolete relative to
OS or am I not doing something correctly? If someone has a
solution, I would greatly appreciate being told "how to"
rather than "what to" do, to cure the problem. Thanks for
any and all help.

More about : scanjet 6300c

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 13, 2004 11:16:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have an HP 6200C scanner, which is of a similar vintage as your model
6300C. it works fine with XP home edition SP-1.

But, to get it to work, I needed to (1) load drivers from original CD
(although latest from HP should work too), (2) download and install new
PrecisionPro scanning software from HP. The latter was a large download,
about 47 Meg.

To be more specific, I started XP without the scanner attached, loaded the
software and the drivers, then atached the scanner to a USB port. My ports
are now all USB 2.0, and the scanner is USB 1.1, but they work fine (at the
USB 1.1 speed).

If you have installed both the driver and the scanning software, the scanner
should be automaticially detected when you plug it in.

If not, try asking the XP "device manager" to to seach for new hardware.

You might also want to try some other USB device on the same port, to verify
that the USB is working OK.

"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:cddb01c43942$07809ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> XP System cannot "find" subject item on USB interface.
> Have HP's latest driver. Is scanner obsolete relative to
> OS or am I not doing something correctly? If someone has a
> solution, I would greatly appreciate being told "how to"
> rather than "what to" do, to cure the problem. Thanks for
> any and all help.
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 11, 2004 12:34:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi Robert,

I just posted HP Scanjet 6200c on Window XP General which in fact may or may not help you if you decide to read it . I have problems installing my 6200c scanner on Windows XP and recently through HP Advanced Support Group there was a successful install of my scanner though I only tried to scan one time while on the phone with them.

Right after the successful install of the 6200c I re-installed my HP Officejet V40 all in one, the Scanjet 6200c Precisionscan Pro application is not working after the V40 install and I am getting the error message: Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (An error has occurred communicating with the scanner.).

The 6200c was listed in the device manager under Imaging Devices during the successful install. I decided to uninstall the software again in add and remove, unplug scanner USB cable from pc and a re-install software. This time the 6200c showed in the device manager as "Unknown" device and stated that the drivers were not installed. I did another uninstall/re-install and now the 6200c is showing under Imaging Device again but I am getting the same errors from the Precisionscan Pro application.

I assume I am getting the HP ASG support because my pc is so new (4/2004) and HP's claim prior to my pc purchase states the 6200c is compatible with WXP. The HP ASG had to go into regedit and do a bunch of deleting and so forth of scanjet, usb and precisionscan (too much to remember) to get the 6200c scanner to work but in fact now the error problem is back again after the Officejet V40 install. I hope to have HP ASG calling me soon so when I get more info I can post it here that may or may not help you. Come back and see if you like. Good luck.


"Robert" wrote:

> XP System cannot "find" subject item on USB interface.
> Have HP's latest driver. Is scanner obsolete relative to
> OS or am I not doing something correctly? If someone has a
> solution, I would greatly appreciate being told "how to"
> rather than "what to" do, to cure the problem. Thanks for
> any and all help.
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 11, 2004 10:39:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

In message <D681CF00-8985-4F20-B165-02AD0F26C038@microsoft.com>, Kathy
<Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>Hi Robert,
>
>I just posted HP Scanjet 6200c on Window XP General which in fact may
>or may not help you if you decide to read it . I have problems
>installing my 6200c scanner on Windows XP and recently through HP
>Advanced Support Group there was a successful install of my scanner
>though I only tried to scan one time while on the phone with them.

Thanks I will look for that thread.

My scanner is a 5300C and although I have ultimately managed to install
it under XP Pro successfully the HP scanner installer has made some
registry changes that have broken the XP Add Hardware Wizard.

>compatible with WXP. The HP ASG had to go into regedit and do a bunch
>of deleting and so forth of scanjet, usb and precisionscan (too much to
>remember) to get the 6200c scanner to work but in fact now the error
>problem is back again after the Officejet V40 install. I hope to have
>HP ASG calling me soon so when I get more info I can post it here that
>may or may not help you. Come back and see if you like. Good luck.

If you do get some coherent instructions for how to attack the XP
registry with a flint axe to undo the mess that their installer creates
please post it!

Thanks,
--
Martin Brown
!