Asus P4C800-E Deluxe - Boot from firewire?

Is it possible to boot from a firewire HDD or CD on the P4C800E Deluxe
mainboard?

....also, anyone have any luck booting the Mandrake 10 install CD's and
installing via a USB CDRom drive?

Thx!

mc

I have a P4C800 deluxe and it would appear so from that. Any removable
device can, it seems, be set as a boot device, or emulated as a floppy / cd
/ hdd. So probably but not definitely, I don't have a firewire hdd to try
it out on.

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Is it possible to boot from a firewire HDD or CD on the P4C800E Deluxe
> mainboard?
>
> ...also, anyone have any luck booting the Mandrake 10 install CD's and
> installing via a USB CDRom drive?
>
> Thx!

mc

A little investigation shows that it's possible to boot from any USB device
and set it's emulation type but not sure about firewire, sorry!