Banned unfairly

I'm not very good at CS, but I play on a site with lots of Bots and a
few humans. -=|Ld50^FragNBagBots|=- is the name of the server.

I don't cheat at all (although some of the humans on the server were
using cheats)

I was kicked and banned for no reason.

A pity there is no ombudsman to complain to isn't it.

Servers shouldn't be run by children (or adults with a child's mental
capacity) - whinge!

Anvil
14 answers Last reply
More about banned unfairly

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:37:42 GMT, AB <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Servers shouldn't be run by children (or adults with a child's mental
    >capacity) - whinge!

    Most servers are provided by individuals, often at their own expense.
    How they want to run a server they own is up to them. If you don't
    like the way a server is run then go to another server or host your
    own where you can create the rules.

    "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > I'm not very good at CS, but I play on a site with lots of Bots and a
    > few humans. -=|Ld50^FragNBagBots|=- is the name of the server.
    >
    > I don't cheat at all (although some of the humans on the server were
    > using cheats)
    >
    > I was kicked and banned for no reason.
    >
    > A pity there is no ombudsman to complain to isn't it.
    >
    > Servers shouldn't be run by children (or adults with a child's mental
    > capacity) - whinge!
    >
    > Anvil

    how about, you weren't invited and were robbing bandwidth from those that
    were. choose a clan server or one hosted by an organisation such as
    adsl.org. those servers are public access.

    dr ratt

    He has a point. This happens most frequently to players with years of
    experience that are mislabeled as "cheaters". All too often rogue admins
    are quick to ban a player, who is actually a boon to the CS community, a
    player that other players can learn from.

    Of course, we can all take the attitude, "it's my server, so leave", but
    that's just childish. Make the server private if you have that attitude.
    Public servers should be run by admins with at least an ounce of respect for
    players obeying the server's rules.

    -Lefty

    "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > I'm not very good at CS, but I play on a site with lots of Bots and a few
    > humans. -=|Ld50^FragNBagBots|=- is the name of the server.
    >
    > I don't cheat at all (although some of the humans on the server were using
    > cheats)
    >
    > I was kicked and banned for no reason.
    >
    > A pity there is no ombudsman to complain to isn't it.
    >
    > Servers shouldn't be run by children (or adults with a child's mental
    > capacity) - whinge!
    >
    > Anvil

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    we were ALL using cheats and you kept complaining -- so -- we kicked/banned you
    for one day >> simple as that!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Some rational responses and no rabid raves - yet.

    I am not very good and just play for fun - no cheats, no TKs, no camping
    - didn't do anything wrong.

    I've been playing on this particular server for a few months - the bots
    were quite good (in that I could kill quite a few of them), but not give
    aways if you know what I mean.

    For some reason I can't connect to most of the servers on the list, and
    its a pity certain admins behave like this.

    Okay - I feel better now and I'll try and find another server which
    suits beginner level players like me.

    Good gaming all.

    AB

    Bob wrote:
    > He has a point. This happens most frequently to players with years of
    > experience that are mislabeled as "cheaters". All too often rogue admins
    > are quick to ban a player, who is actually a boon to the CS community, a
    > player that other players can learn from.
    >
    > Of course, we can all take the attitude, "it's my server, so leave", but
    > that's just childish. Make the server private if you have that attitude.
    > Public servers should be run by admins with at least an ounce of respect for
    > players obeying the server's rules.
    >
    > -Lefty
    >
    > "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm not very good at CS, but I play on a site with lots of Bots and a few
    >>humans. -=|Ld50^FragNBagBots|=- is the name of the server.
    >>
    >>I don't cheat at all (although some of the humans on the server were using
    >>cheats)
    >>
    >>I was kicked and banned for no reason.
    >>
    >>A pity there is no ombudsman to complain to isn't it.
    >>
    >>Servers shouldn't be run by children (or adults with a child's mental
    >>capacity) - whinge!
    >>
    >>Anvil

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Billy Bad Assr© schrieb am 05.03.05 01:18:
    > we were ALL using cheats and you kept complaining -- so -- we kicked/banned you
    > for one day >> simple as that!

    LOL! Some things can be sooooo funny..!
    SCNR, Miller
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    Somehow I don't believe you represent the server concerned - I didn't
    complain - and the ban continues.

    As MIller has realised - what a funny little boy you are!

    Burkhardt Müller wrote:
    > Billy Bad Assr© schrieb am 05.03.05 01:18:
    >
    >>we were ALL using cheats and you kept complaining -- so -- we kicked/banned you
    >>for one day >> simple as that!
    >>

    > LOL! Some things can be sooooo funny..!
    > SCNR, Miller

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > Somehow I don't believe you represent the server concerned - I didn't
    > complain - and the ban continues.

    Oh, please give me a break ---> i.e. you came in here and again you complain
    about infantile nonsense -- why in the world would we de-ban the likes of you!

    As we do not play with children -- we reserve the right to kick/ban whom ever we
    want -- mainly individuals that excessively complain, high ping rates and
    youngsters -- if you appeared to be a child or you were (drops and shakes head)
    killing ants-- good reason as to the grounds that you may have been banned!!
    Now that I remember, you were banned for an excessively high ping -- and I
    apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you!

    > As MIller has realised - what a funny little boy you are!

    Ah, yeah- sure thing pal --->>I got your *little boy* hangin!

    For that self-indulgent remark I retract my earlier admission of guilt!

    .and please (you'll be doing us all a great favor!!) crawl back up into the
    hole in which you came!!!

    BBA
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 08:43:51 GMT, AB <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote:

    >I didn't know that - is it simple to create a game with bots?

    I presume you are referring to CS 1.6 or something like that,
    unfortunately I don't know what is involved with that.

    I only have experience of CS:CZ and CS:S where you have the bot
    options in the create game menu.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > Andrew,
    >
    > I didn't know that - is it simple to create a game with bots?

    when you start the game select new multiplayer game. you'll see a config
    page where you set bot difficulty, numbers etc.
    you need condition zero or cs.source for this as original cs has no bots.

    dr ratt
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:32:25 -0000, "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >you need condition zero or cs.source for this as original cs has no bots.

    There are third party bots aren't there?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:32:25 -0000, "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >you need condition zero or cs.source for this as original cs has no bots.
    >
    > There are third party bots aren't there?
    > --

    yes, i used to use podbot you can dl it here -
    http://www.fileplanet.com/80709/80000/fileinfo/PodBot-2.5
    it doesn't hold a candle to the con zero/source bots though. there are
    others but i never used them so i don't know what they're called or where
    they're available.

    dr ratt
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:32:25 -0000, "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >you need condition zero or cs.source for this as original cs has no bots.
    >>
    >> There are third party bots aren't there?
    >> --
    >
    > yes, i used to use podbot you can dl it here -
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/80709/80000/fileinfo/PodBot-2.5
    > it doesn't hold a candle to the con zero/source bots though. there are
    > others but i never used them so i don't know what they're called or where
    > they're available.

    there is also realbot, I used it on 1.6 and it is very good

    http://realbot.bots-united.com/
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    You really are infantile aren't you.

    Why stick your nose into things of which you have no knowledge. Do you
    think readers are impressed by your irrelevant nonesense?

    For anyone else reading this - BBA has no connection with the server
    about which I made comment - he/she is trying to give the impression
    he/she knows about the ban - sad isn't it.

    I will continue to play unobtrusively elsewhere.

    BBA wrote:
    > "AB" <abnaeb@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Somehow I don't believe you represent the server concerned - I didn't
    >>complain - and the ban continues.
    >

    > Oh, please give me a break ---> i.e. you came in here and again you complain
    > about infantile nonsense -- why in the world would we de-ban the likes of you!
    >
    > As we do not play with children -- we reserve the right to kick/ban whom ever we
    > want -- mainly individuals that excessively complain, high ping rates and
    > youngsters -- if you appeared to be a child or you were (drops and shakes head)
    > killing ants-- good reason as to the grounds that you may have been banned!!
    > Now that I remember, you were banned for an excessively high ping -- and I
    > apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you!
    >

    >>As MIller has realised - what a funny little boy you are!
    >

    > Ah, yeah- sure thing pal --->>I got your *little boy* hangin!
    >

    > For that self-indulgent remark I retract my earlier admission of guilt!
    >
    > .and please (you'll be doing us all a great favor!!) crawl back up into the
    > hole in which you came!!!
    >

    > BBA

Games Servers Video Games