Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP iPAQ h1940 ROM update v1.10

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
June 10, 2004 10:06:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have been trying to work up the courage to update my iPAQ h1940 ROM to
version 1.10 but am concerned in case it fails.

I would be most grateful to hear if people have been successful and to know
if one can 'restore' all original data and software after completing the
update.

Many thanks - Rob

More about : ipaq h1940 rom update

Anonymous
a b α HP
June 10, 2004 11:28:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

You should not restore form previous backups. You should install everything
one by one, and synchronize with PC to restore all databases.

--

..: Jakub Kañczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl
June 10, 2004 11:28:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I installed the 1.10 update successfully, but then I found that the patch to
enable pairing with my Nokia 6230 did not work. Apart from that everthig
else reinstalled OK and I did see an improvment in the reliability of the
bluetooth connection to my old Nokiaa 6130i phone.

Andy

"Jakub Kanczugowski" <duncan@no-spam-ever.ceti.pl> wrote in message
news:%23bAVOBxTEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You should not restore form previous backups. You should install
everything
> one by one, and synchronize with PC to restore all databases.
>
> --
>
> .: Jakub Kañczugowski
> .: www.PDAclub.pl
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 11, 2004 12:29:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have the same iPAQ 1940.
I did the rom update to 1.10. It went well with no problems.
I installed everything back and it's working correctly.
It still hangs from time to time and I really wouldn't say it has improved
in any way. So if you don't have any specific problems that will be
corrected by the update, I'd suggest you consider if it's worth doing it.
Just my opinion :o )

"rob" <ccc@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:%23p9on1wTEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have been trying to work up the courage to update my iPAQ h1940 ROM to
> version 1.10 but am concerned in case it fails.
>
> I would be most grateful to hear if people have been successful and to
know
> if one can 'restore' all original data and software after completing the
> update.
>
> Many thanks - Rob
>
>
June 11, 2004 6:24:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Many thanks for all the info/advice - my system works fine at the moment so
maybe I will stay as I am for the moment. Rob


"rob" <ccc@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:%23p9on1wTEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have been trying to work up the courage to update my iPAQ h1940 ROM to
> version 1.10 but am concerned in case it fails.
>
> I would be most grateful to hear if people have been successful and to
know
> if one can 'restore' all original data and software after completing the
> update.
>
> Many thanks - Rob
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 12, 2004 10:29:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

>You should not restore form previous backups. You should install everything
>one by one, and synchronize with PC to restore all databases.

In haste, I updated the ROM to v1.10 on my ipaq 2210, then tried to restore
from the 'previous' back up file.
It worked! But a couple of programs did need to be re-installed as they did'nt
restore from the back up.

I don't doubt Jakub's advice that this is not recommended, but in my case, I
got away with it.

The great thing about HP, is the very good support from their product website,
so I was happy (but nervous too) about updating the ROM downloaded from HP.com


Andrew



replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
meet ;-)
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 13, 2004 4:34:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I've just done a ROM update on an Axim. It left the patched MSN
messenger unable to log in. Was this one of the programs you found
inactive ? Apparently after a ROM update, the messenger patch required
to make it work with WM2003 is no longer required, but installing it
from the backup causes problems. Wish I'd have known about this
sooner, as I'm looking at a hard reset & reinstall of all the programs
anyway LOL

Cheers - Neil

On 12 Jun 2004 18:29:37 GMT, ajh400@aol.comkillspam (AJH400) wrote:

>>You should not restore form previous backups. You should install everything
>>one by one, and synchronize with PC to restore all databases.
>
>In haste, I updated the ROM to v1.10 on my ipaq 2210, then tried to restore
>from the 'previous' back up file.
>It worked! But a couple of programs did need to be re-installed as they did'nt
>restore from the back up.
>
>I don't doubt Jakub's advice that this is not recommended, but in my case, I
>got away with it.
>
>The great thing about HP, is the very good support from their product website,
>so I was happy (but nervous too) about updating the ROM downloaded from HP.com
>
>
>Andrew
>
>
>
>replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
>meet ;-)
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 13, 2004 11:09:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I have successfully updated my iPAQ.
And everything went well. I updated the ROM because I like to have the
web-server going. And indeed after the update the web-server worked fine.
The only real difference I found was that the calculator does not have the
Euro converter. (not that I need it anymore).

Regards,
Jason



"rob" <ccc@btinternet.com> schreef in bericht
news:%23p9on1wTEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have been trying to work up the courage to update my iPAQ h1940 ROM to
> version 1.10 but am concerned in case it fails.
>
> I would be most grateful to hear if people have been successful and to
know
> if one can 'restore' all original data and software after completing the
> update.
>
> Many thanks - Rob
>
>
!