Best ram for a A7N8X-E Deluxe ?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 5, 2004 7:32:16 PM

Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
best bet but what brand and latencys ?

I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.

I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)

Thanks.

More about : ram a7n8x deluxe

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 5, 2004 8:41:43 PM

I like this ram for some reason :)

1024MB TWINX-3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM "Corsair" (USA), 2x CMX512A-3200LL
DIMMs, Ultra Low Latency (2-2-2-6), Integrated aluminium heat
spreader, CAS 2, lifetime warranty

Seems to have good specs running that board should be great or am i
missing something ?

Thanks.

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:32:16 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the
One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
>best bet but what brand and latencys ?
>
>I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
>
>I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
>do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
>

>Thanks.

June 6, 2004 12:10:33 AM

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
> Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
> best bet but what brand and latencys ?
>
> I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
>
> I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
> do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
>

> Thanks.

go to asus website they should give recomendations on approved ram for that
board.
some ram can be funny with certain boards and it doesnt take long to check
before you buy.
If your unsure ask retailer to recomend good ram then if it does play up you
can ask for replacement ram.
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2004 12:10:34 AM

"John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
> We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
> > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
> > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
> >
> > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
> >
> > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
> > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
> >

> > Thanks.
>
> go to asus website they should give recomendations on approved ram for
that
> board.

Should being the operative word. I sure couldn't find any list
for the A7N8X-E Deluxe.

> some ram can be funny with certain boards and it doesn't take long to
check
> before you buy.

This board is the most picky about memory of any ASUS board I've
used. Even more so than my other A7N8X boards. I have two E boards
and so far I can't get either to run Dual-channel with the memory on hand.
I have another stick due here Monday, from Newegg, I hope that well work.

> If your unsure ask retailer to recomend good ram then if it does play up
you
> can ask for replacement ram.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2004 1:39:18 AM

Il Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:32:16 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
ha scritto:

> Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
> best bet but what brand and latencys ?
>
> I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
>
> I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
> do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)

Well, I'm "price consciuous" guy and I do have Kingston PC2700 value RAM.

I run it with a barton 2500+ at:

185@185

at 2-2-2-5 mode

without ANY problem.

Veeery fast memory timing at a very little price.

System stability ROCKS!

For me it's enough.
June 6, 2004 1:39:19 AM

I have seen a number of suppliers that state 'Twinmos, not recommended for
nforce chipset mobo' though Asus site states they have been approved/tested

"_P_e_ar_lALegend" <end_6@leg.it> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.06.05.19.39.18.52742@leg.it...
> Il Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:32:16 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
> ha scritto:
>

> > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
> > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
> >
> > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
> >
> > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
> > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
> >
> Well, I'm "price consciuous" guy and I do have Kingston PC2700 value RAM.
>
> I run it with a barton 2500+ at:
>
> 185@185
>
> at 2-2-2-5 mode
>
> without ANY problem.
>
> Veeery fast memory timing at a very little price.
>
> System stability ROCKS!
>
> For me it's enough.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
June 12, 2004 11:45:38 PM

a little late here on response, but I bought the Kingston Hyper X
PC4000 - 512 megs - a pair of them - from Best Buys when it went on
sale and it works beautifully here on dual channel mode, (I'm using
the AUTO settings for now) Installed in slots 1 and 3, xp3200 chip
processor. radeon 9700 pro, using the on board 10/100 ethernet, and an
ATA hard drive hooked up to the sata channel using an sata to ata
adapter along with 4 other devices on the ide channels, stock 08
bios.

!