Best ram for a A7N8X-E Deluxe ?

Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
best bet but what brand and latencys ?

I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.

I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about best a7n8x deluxe

    I like this ram for some reason :)

    1024MB TWINX-3200 (400MHz) DDR RAM "Corsair" (USA), 2x CMX512A-3200LL
    DIMMs, Ultra Low Latency (2-2-2-6), Integrated aluminium heat
    spreader, CAS 2, lifetime warranty

    Seems to have good specs running that board should be great or am i
    missing something ?

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
    > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
    > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
    >
    > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
    >
    > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
    > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
    >

    > Thanks.

    go to asus website they should give recomendations on approved ram for that
    board.
    some ram can be funny with certain boards and it doesnt take long to check
    before you buy.
    If your unsure ask retailer to recomend good ram then if it does play up you
    can ask for replacement ram.

    "John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
    > We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
    > > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
    > > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
    > >
    > > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
    > >
    > > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
    > > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
    > >

    > > Thanks.
    >
    > go to asus website they should give recomendations on approved ram for
    that
    > board.

    Should being the operative word. I sure couldn't find any list
    for the A7N8X-E Deluxe.

    > some ram can be funny with certain boards and it doesn't take long to
    check
    > before you buy.

    This board is the most picky about memory of any ASUS board I've
    used. Even more so than my other A7N8X boards. I have two E boards
    and so far I can't get either to run Dual-channel with the memory on hand.
    I have another stick due here Monday, from Newegg, I hope that well work.

    > If your unsure ask retailer to recomend good ram then if it does play up
    you
    > can ask for replacement ram.

    Il Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:32:16 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
    ha scritto:

    > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
    > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
    >
    > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
    >
    > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
    > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)

    Well, I'm "price consciuous" guy and I do have Kingston PC2700 value RAM.

    I run it with a barton 2500+ at:

    185@185

    at 2-2-2-5 mode

    without ANY problem.

    Veeery fast memory timing at a very little price.

    System stability ROCKS!

    For me it's enough.

    I have seen a number of suppliers that state 'Twinmos, not recommended for
    nforce chipset mobo' though Asus site states they have been approved/tested

    Ken Maltby wrote:

    > Should being the operative word. I sure couldn't find any list
    > for the A7N8X-E Deluxe.

    http://uk.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm

    at the bottom of the page

    a little late here on response, but I bought the Kingston Hyper X
    PC4000 - 512 megs - a pair of them - from Best Buys when it went on
    sale and it works beautifully here on dual channel mode, (I'm using
    the AUTO settings for now) Installed in slots 1 and 3, xp3200 chip
    processor. radeon 9700 pro, using the on board 10/100 ethernet, and an
    ATA hard drive hooked up to the sata channel using an sata to ata
    adapter along with 4 other devices on the ide channels, stock 08
    bios.

    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 20:49:29 +0100, "D" <anon@spoof.com> wrote:

    >I have seen a number of suppliers that state 'Twinmos, not recommended for
    >nforce chipset mobo' though Asus site states they have been approved/tested
    >
    >"_P_e_ar_lALegend" <end_6@leg.it> wrote in message
    >> Il Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:32:16 +1000, We Live for the One we Die for the One
    >> ha scritto:
    >>

    >> > Dont want to overclock 200 FSB is fine so i suppose Pc 3200 is the
    >> > best bet but what brand and latencys ?
    >> >
    >> > I want to run the ram at the fastest i can.
    >> >
    >> > I can get Corsair,Geil and Kingston ram where i am what brand and type
    >> > do you recommend for this baord and will work and work WELL :)
    >> >
    >> Well, I'm "price consciuous" guy and I do have Kingston PC2700 value RAM.
    >>
    >> I run it with a barton 2500+ at:
    >>
    >> 185@185
    >>
    >> at 2-2-2-5 mode
    >>
    >> without ANY problem.
    >>
    >> Veeery fast memory timing at a very little price.
    >>
    >> System stability ROCKS!
    >>
    >> For me it's enough.

Asus Overclocking RAM Motherboards