2 Processors Shown In Device Manager...

peter

....which is a liittle strange, as there is definitely only one! Both show
the same details (Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz). Should I just
uninstall one of them from device manager and reboot?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter;
Leave them alone.
You have hyper-threading which shows as two processors even though
there is only one physical processor.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Peter" <peter-newsgroups@slinky-computing.com> wrote in message
> ...which is a liittle strange, as there is definitely only one!
Both show
> the same details (Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz). Should I just
> uninstall one of them from device manager and reboot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

peter

Thank you, Jupiter! And so quick to reply. I'm impressed!

Thanks again,

Peter

> Peter;
> Leave them alone.
> You have hyper-threading which shows as two processors even though
> there is only one physical processor.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Peter" <peter-newsgroups@slinky-computing.com> wrote in message
> > ...which is a liittle strange, as there is definitely only one!
> Both show
> > the same details (Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz). Should I just
> > uninstall one of them from device manager and reboot?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Peter

Your welcome Peter, glad to help.