Asus A7N8X-E deluxe pci bus locked at 33mhz that is a good..

I mean i read that anything over 35 and it has probs so locking the
PCi at 33 is a great thing :)

Also the board does not lock the AGP bus well it does but gives
options of 66 to 1000 ?, why would that be 1000 on an Apg bus must be
a reason why they give so many options on an Apg bus 66 would be the
best right ?

Thanks for the Info the board is MINE SOON :)

Thanks.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

What ARE you goin on about?
Start over and explain just what it is you are asking or
saying..................
What of the pci bus being locked or not?

Paul

Splendid

In article <icv2c0d904h2lc96l3tc0vj1frvh84sah7@4ax.com>,
efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:

> I mean i read that anything over 35 and it has probs so locking the
> PCi at 33 is a great thing :)
>
> Also the board does not lock the AGP bus well it does but gives
> options of 66 to 1000 ?, why would that be 1000 on an Apg bus must be
> a reason why they give so many options on an Apg bus 66 would be the
> best right ?
>
> Thanks for the Info the board is MINE SOON :)
>
> Thanks.

The AGP goes from 66 to 100MHz. There are reports of the ATI9800
only going to 75MHz, while older Nvidia video cards can go up
to about 100MHz.

According to this thread, the PCI has a separate clock source,
so you can adjust AGP without causing PCI to change from the
standard 33MHz.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45709&highlight=pci+lock

I'm a little surprised by that, because some other designs
have divided AGP by 2 to get the PCI clock rate. The Nforce2
scheme seems to be a better idea for overclockers.

HTH,
Paul

Neo someon e understood maybe you need a refreher course in English ?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:44:13 +0100, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>What ARE you goin on about?
>Start over and explain just what it is you are asking or
>saying..................
>What of the pci bus being locked or not?

Thanks Paul.

What would be the benifts of runnign the agp at 100 or 75 ect ? more
bandwidth ?

Or would that wack it out of since and make lockups more likely ?

In article <nb83c05anp47a7uhktka5do1s5a6gvtcpl@4ax.com>,
efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:

> Thanks Paul.
>
> What would be the benifts of runnign the agp at 100 or 75 ect ? more
> bandwidth ?
>
> Or would that wack it out of since and make lockups more likely ?
>

> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:44:13 +0100, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:
>
> >What ARE you goin on about?
> >Start over and explain just what it is you are asking or
> >saying..................
> >What of the pci bus being locked or not?

I haven't tried it, so I can't say. I'll be something you
can try when you get your new board :) Get a copy of
3DMark and see how much of a difference the setting makes.

Paul

Got 2001 and 2003 :) might do some benchmarks i can remeber what this
system can do so ill see what it can do with the new system but realy
over benchmarks i rather see what the FPS in games will be to make my
mind up on how faster it is.

Ill reinstall X2 the threat and play it and if i get a good 50fps
constant ill be very happy :)