Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Repair of a HP 970CSE inkjet printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 18, 2004 12:28:57 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying
there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is
installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if
there is a way for me to repair it. I did notice that some of the ink
cartridges that I was using were leaking and I was wondering if I take
it apart and clean it up really well whether that might help. I would
really like to get this printer repaired somehow. I did buy a new
HP5550, but I really don't like it as well.

Roger
April 19, 2004 5:22:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Roger
I have two HP970 and I have cleaned both of them
It isn't a difficult job and I do it by removing the cover and
placing the side of the unit were the cartridges rest, under the water
tap. Avoid the motors and the pc board ... ... but I don't think that
is your problem . Your problem must be on the pins that make contact
with the cartridge. It is not uncommon.
It has been reported before and there is un application note on the
subject on the HP site but you don't need it Just use a piece of
cloth and rubbing alcohol.

Vlad

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:28:57 GMT, "R.H."
<rogerh40NoSpam@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying
>there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is
>installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if
>there is a way for me to repair it. I did notice that some of the ink
>cartridges that I was using were leaking and I was wondering if I take
>it apart and clean it up really well whether that might help. I would
>really like to get this printer repaired somehow. I did buy a new
>HP5550, but I really don't like it as well.
>
> Roger
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2004 7:23:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Actually I tried that, it did not seem to help.

Roger

Vlad wrote:
> Roger
> I have two HP970 and I have cleaned both of them
> It isn't a difficult job and I do it by removing the cover and
> placing the side of the unit were the cartridges rest, under the water
> tap. Avoid the motors and the pc board ... ... but I don't think that
> is your problem . Your problem must be on the pins that make contact
> with the cartridge. It is not uncommon.
> It has been reported before and there is un application note on the
> subject on the HP site but you don't need it Just use a piece of
> cloth and rubbing alcohol.
>
> Vlad
>
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:28:57 GMT, "R.H."
> <rogerh40NoSpam@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>
>>I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying
>>there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is
>>installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if
>>there is a way for me to repair it. I did notice that some of the ink
>>cartridges that I was using were leaking and I was wondering if I take
>>it apart and clean it up really well whether that might help. I would
>>really like to get this printer repaired somehow. I did buy a new
>>HP5550, but I really don't like it as well.
>>
>> Roger
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 20, 2004 10:39:11 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

It could be that the printer is remembering a past fault condition. Try a
hardware reset. Pull out the cartridges, paper and USB/parallel lead.
Disconnect the power lead and wait a few minutes before putting everything back.


"R.H." <rogerh40NoSpam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:vI0hc.3247$e4.908@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Actually I tried that, it did not seem to help.
>
> Roger
>
> Vlad wrote:
> > Roger
> > I have two HP970 and I have cleaned both of them
> > It isn't a difficult job and I do it by removing the cover and
> > placing the side of the unit were the cartridges rest, under the water
> > tap. Avoid the motors and the pc board ... ... but I don't think that
> > is your problem . Your problem must be on the pins that make contact
> > with the cartridge. It is not uncommon.
> > It has been reported before and there is un application note on the
> > subject on the HP site but you don't need it Just use a piece of
> > cloth and rubbing alcohol.
> >
> > Vlad
> >
> > On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:28:57 GMT, "R.H."
> > <rogerh40NoSpam@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying
> >>there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is
> >>installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if
> >>there is a way for me to repair it. I did notice that some of the ink
> >>cartridges that I was using were leaking and I was wondering if I take
> >>it apart and clean it up really well whether that might help. I would
> >>really like to get this printer repaired somehow. I did buy a new
> >>HP5550, but I really don't like it as well.
> >>
> >> Roger
> >
> >
>
!