USB Mass Storage Device not shown in "My Computer"

Hi!

I have an USB backup drive and Windows XP installed it,
says the device is working properly, gives the option
for "safe USB hardware removal" and even lists it in the
Device Manager BUT it doesnt display the drive in My
Computer so i cant access it!

In device manager it says the location for the device
is "0" - maybe this is part of the problem? I couldnt
work out a way to change the location.

Weird and very annoying!!

Ideas???

Cheers

Format it. Right click MY Computer icon, select Manage.
This open Computer management, look for Storage/disk
management, select the drive. Click Action menu, All Tasks,
format.

"Scott in Sydney" <thiscantbehealthy@optushome.com.au> wrote
in message news:d16901c439c9$364619b0$a401280a@phx.gbl...