Do i have an overclockable system?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Sorry for the newbie-esqe post, I am trying to "study-up" on
overclocking (the last computer i oc'd was a p2 and all i had to do
was add some extra cooling, good mem, and play with the bios setup, i
get the impression things have changed.

I have a amd barton 2500 system that i am going to pass onto my little
(game nut) brother. I feel bad that it is not the gamers dream
machine and thought i would look into oc'ing it before i pass it on.
I was wondering if i could just get some input on if i should even
bother given the setup i have. For those that wouldn't mind helping a
bloke along a bit i have put a link to a slapped together cpuz/belarc
output of my system specs.
http://www.geocities.com/gaikokujin_kyofusho/cpuz.htm

Any help input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

"Gaikokujin Kyofusho" <gaikokujin_kyofusho@mindless.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the newbie-esqe post, I am trying to "study-up" on
> overclocking (the last computer i oc'd was a p2 and all i had to do
> was add some extra cooling, good mem, and play with the bios setup, i
> get the impression things have changed.
>
> I have a amd barton 2500 system that i am going to pass onto my little
> (game nut) brother. I feel bad that it is not the gamers dream
> machine and thought i would look into oc'ing it before i pass it on.
> I was wondering if i could just get some input on if i should even
> bother given the setup i have. For those that wouldn't mind helping a
> bloke along a bit i have put a link to a slapped together cpuz/belarc
> output of my system specs.
> http://www.geocities.com/gaikokujin_kyofusho/cpuz.htm
>
> Any help input would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers
>
> -Gaiko
Good board...PC3200 ram in there and cpu can do 2200Mhz (3200+)
Get a better vid card...8x Ti4200 or maybe a fx5200 for budget cards ....Mid
range FX5600Ultra or 9700 pro.
Fine system other then that
OZoNE

Gaikokujin Kyofusho wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie-esqe post, I am trying to "study-up" on
> overclocking (the last computer i oc'd was a p2 and all i had to do
> was add some extra cooling, good mem, and play with the bios setup, i
> get the impression things have changed.
>
> I have a amd barton 2500 system that i am going to pass onto my little
> (game nut) brother. I feel bad that it is not the gamers dream
> machine and thought i would look into oc'ing it before i pass it on.
> I was wondering if i could just get some input on if i should even
> bother given the setup i have. For those that wouldn't mind helping a
> bloke along a bit i have put a link to a slapped together cpuz/belarc
> output of my system specs.
> http://www.geocities.com/gaikokujin_kyofusho/cpuz.htm
>
> Any help input would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not familiar with that board but if it's an nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset
then overclocking it to 3200+ specs (2.2Ghz) is a breeze with 95% of 2500+
CPUs. However, if it's for gaming the CPU isn't the bottle-neck by a
long-shot, the GF4 MX440 is.
--
~misfit~

---