Using 'Back' button on my IntelliMouse in Word

For some reason, the 'Back' function on my IntelliMouse doesn't appear to
work within MS Word. It works just fine in the OS and in IE but not Word.
Any suggestions?

IntelliPoint driver 5.0.174.0
XP Home Version 2002 SP1

Thanks,
David

glad to hear it doesn't do anything in word as there shouldn't be a previous web page or folder to navigate to in word. it's an application that is used for writing documents. if you wish to scoll up to a previous page in your word doc use the page up key.