Windows XP Display

XP user is having display problems. Display is abnormally large, everything from his icons to menus and taskbar. I went into his display settings and he only has Medium 16 bit option for Color quality and you cannot change his screen resolution from 800 x 600. Also within Advanced setting, the DPI setting is greyed out, so you cannot change (althouggh it is set to normal size). Under Advanced Appearance, I could change the size of each item, but isn't there some type of all inclusive default display setting that can be used? User says he came into the office and his computer was like this. The only change made to his system recently is that I scheduled and automatich reboot script to run nightly, not sure why that would effect his display, it didn't the other Windows XP users. Please help!

It sounds as though the drivers for the graphics card are either corrupted
or need to be updated. First, try reinstalling the drivers for the graphics
card, if that fails to resolve it, go to the card manufacturer's website,
download the latest drivers and make not of any installation instructions
for those drivers.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User