P4C800-E Deluxe DVD-ROM Problems (Please Help)

Hi,
First here is my system:

P4 3.4GHz w/ Retail FAN
2 - CMX512-4400PT (Corsair)
2 - WD 74GB 10000 RPM SATA Drives
PX-708A Plextor DVD Burner
PX-116A Plextor DVD-ROM
Austin 450W Power Supply
BIOS @ 1014
XP PRO

Okay, I've got problems. For some reason I can't get my Plextor drives
to read correctly. Meaning, programs will not install or run correctly
from them. I have ran the RAID0 on both Promise and Intel side and
have had the very exact same problem. I think my problem has to do
with either drivers or BIOS version. I contacted ASUS about setting up
a RAID0 and they sent me an automated e-mail with instructions that
were vague and non-related to my problem. I have read that the Intel
RAID is faster and more reliable than the PROMISE side. Is this true?
Would someone that is running a good working RAID0 (Promise or Intel)
help me out. While trying to figure this problem out, I'm using one
Maxtor HHD and haven't had a problem with the Plextor drives. I'm
googled out. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

FLEX
1 answer Last reply
More about p4c800 deluxe problems please help

    As you have a problem I would suggest setting the system up like this. Have
    your preffered pair of hard drives setup on the preffered RAID chip. By this
    I mean If you want the WD drives as your boot drive set them up on say the
    intel chip as you think this is faster. I have my boot drives on the intel
    chip but I don't have anything on the promise chip. Connect one DVD drive
    onto the primary ide controller and make sure it is setup as master. Goto
    Intel web site and download the latest drivvers for the 875 chip. They are
    quite easy to find. Install using the latest drivers and report back any
    problems.

    The reason I ask you to do it this way is because it becomes hard to anylise
    problems when you have multiple componants installed. Any reason why you are
    using the 1014 bios and not the 1016. I can't remember what's different with
    the 1016 but I'm using it and have no problem.

    Enigma

    "FLEX" <rex@wnonline.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > First here is my system:
    >
    > P4 3.4GHz w/ Retail FAN
    > 2 - CMX512-4400PT (Corsair)
    > 2 - WD 74GB 10000 RPM SATA Drives
    > PX-708A Plextor DVD Burner
    > PX-116A Plextor DVD-ROM
    > Austin 450W Power Supply
    > BIOS @ 1014
    > XP PRO
    >
    > Okay, I've got problems. For some reason I can't get my Plextor drives
    > to read correctly. Meaning, programs will not install or run correctly
    > from them. I have ran the RAID0 on both Promise and Intel side and
    > have had the very exact same problem. I think my problem has to do
    > with either drivers or BIOS version. I contacted ASUS about setting up
    > a RAID0 and they sent me an automated e-mail with instructions that
    > were vague and non-related to my problem. I have read that the Intel
    > RAID is faster and more reliable than the PROMISE side. Is this true?
    > Would someone that is running a good working RAID0 (Promise or Intel)
    > help me out. While trying to figure this problem out, I'm using one
    > Maxtor HHD and haven't had a problem with the Plextor drives. I'm
    > googled out. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.
    >
    > FLEX

Asus Plextor Motherboards