Whats the latest board revision of the A7N8X-E Deluxe ?

Just want to get the right one, they have them at my local Pc shop.

And how old is the latest revision or is any revisions planed ?

From the reviews not alot if anything is needed to be changed on the
board ?

Thanks.

3 days ago you were waiting with your 2400+ and your goign to replace it
with a A64 system.
Now your going back to the AXP system

A64's wont fit into this board..

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:ek36c0th0m483db79sgjfnvaf9hbtp9hh7@4ax.com...

> Just want to get the right one, they have them at my local Pc shop.
>

> And how old is the latest revision or is any revisions planed ?
>
> From the reviews not alot if anything is needed to be changed on the
> board ?
>
> Thanks.

Paul

Splendid

In article <ek36c0th0m483db79sgjfnvaf9hbtp9hh7@4ax.com>,
efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:

> Just want to get the right one, they have them at my local Pc shop.
>

> And how old is the latest revision or is any revisions planed ?
>
> From the reviews not alot if anything is needed to be changed on the
> board ?
>
> Thanks.

The A7N8X boards went through 1.xx and 2.0 revisions.
Then the A7N8X-E board was designed, and it comes later than
the others, so the revision numbers start over again. It
will be a low number, like 1.01 or something. In other
words, there is only one version of the A7N8X-E Deluxe
and it is 1.01.

The earliest file in this directory:

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/

is Oct29, 2003, so that would be my guess as to when the
A7N8X-E Deluxe was introduced.

The one Asus bug that bothers me, is the "BIOS-Save-Death"
bug, and searching on Nforcershq.com, it seems to be fixed,
as there weren't any reports of it happening with the
new board.

HTH,
Paul

Bitstring <0457c09v4lj1ci27fr1t4lr4tbjdbla5fn@4ax.com>, from the
wonderful person We Live for the One we Die for the One
<Mr@fred.?.com.au.invalid> said

>Ill have a look on the board hopfully its 2.0 revision :) its 2004 now
>nearly 2005 i think they have had time to Put a new Revision out ?

Why would they spend money to re-silk-screen the motherboard for a new
revision number if they haven't actually changed anything (except the
BIOS, which doesn't count)? I mean it's you/me that pay for unnecessary
engineering of that kind.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

Well call me crazy going downtown today and getting this board :)-

Ill get a 64bit one in a few years when their is software that
actually uses it :)-

Know anything about the Revisions on this board ?

Thanks.

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:56:52 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <ek36c0th0m483db79sgjfnvaf9hbtp9hh7@4ax.com>,
>efternavn@doktor.dk wrote:
>
>> Just want to get the right one, they have them at my local Pc shop.
>>

>> And how old is the latest revision or is any revisions planed ?
>>
>> From the reviews not alot if anything is needed to be changed on the
>> board ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>The A7N8X boards went through 1.xx and 2.0 revisions.
>Then the A7N8X-E board was designed, and it comes later than
>the others, so the revision numbers start over again. It
>will be a low number, like 1.01 or something. In other
>words, there is only one version of the A7N8X-E Deluxe
>and it is 1.01.
>
>The earliest file in this directory:
>
>ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/
>
>is Oct29, 2003, so that would be my guess as to when the
>A7N8X-E Deluxe was introduced.
>
>The one Asus bug that bothers me, is the "BIOS-Save-Death"
>bug, and searching on Nforcershq.com, it seems to be fixed,
>as there weren't any reports of it happening with the
>new board.
>
>HTH,
> Paul

Its ASUS they do that all the time :)-

We Live for the One we Die for the One <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<orr8c0lqi4h4p3j3a7s5ijodq7jjve6c20@4ax.com>...
> Its ASUS they do that all the time :)-
>
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:29:06 +0100, GSV Three Minds in a Can
> <GSV@quik.clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Bitstring <0457c09v4lj1ci27fr1t4lr4tbjdbla5fn@4ax.com>, from the
> >wonderful person We Live for the One we Die for the One
> ><Mr@fred.?.com.au.invalid> said
> >>

> >>Ill have a look on the board hopfully its 2.0 revision :) its 2004 now
> >>nearly 2005 i think they have had time to Put a new Revision out ?
> >
> >Why would they spend money to re-silk-screen the motherboard for a new
> >revision number if they haven't actually changed anything (except the
> >BIOS, which doesn't count)? I mean it's you/me that pay for unnecessary
> >engineering of that kind.

I have a revision 1.01 board, the A7N8X-E Deluxe. It has the gbit
onboard, 1394, etc. The first board I purchased was not reliable,
and I returned it to ASUS for a replacement. The replacement has been
working fine. I am using the stock bios version 1009. If I had to do
it over again, I probably wouldn't buy the Deluxe board. The extra
money was not worth it.