hello

May 14, 2004 9:17:49 PM

I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro. The setup for
windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing windows xp screen. I
would like any ideas.

thanks

nikhil

More about : question

May 14, 2004 11:21:03 PM

Can you please describe your situation in more pertinent detail.

Cover the basics:
What is the Laptop?
Is XP Pro an Upgrade version or full version?
How did you initiate the re-installation, were you running Windows and then inserted the CD or did you boot up from the Windows CD?

More specific information will help us to consider the nature of your problem and give useful hints and or solutions.
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 3:30:12 AM

I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing copy of windows
xp pro
"nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
> I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro. The setup for
> windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing windows xp screen.
> would like any ideas.
>
> thanks
>
> nikhil

May 16, 2004 2:32:13 PM

Do you have an XP Pro CD?

| I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing
copy of windows
| xp pro
| "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
| > I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro.
The setup for
| > windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing
windows xp screen.
| > would like any ideas.
| >
| > thanks
| >
| > nikhil

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 11:10:36 PM

no i have copied it the network
news:o ME$7s1OEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Do you have an XP Pro CD?

> "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
> | I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing
> copy of windows
> | xp pro
> | "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
> | > I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro.
> The setup for
> | > windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing
> windows xp screen.
> | > would like any ideas.
> | >
> | > thanks
> | >
> | > nikhil

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 11:10:37 PM

Then go to a store or order a CD on-line from a reputable
dealer, suggest www.newegg.com

| no i have copied it the network
in message
| news:o ME$7s1OEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| > Do you have an XP Pro CD?
| >

| > --
| >

| > "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
| > | I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my
existing
| > copy of windows
| > | xp pro
| > | "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message