hello

I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro. The setup for
windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing windows xp screen. I
would like any ideas.

thanks

nikhil
5 answers Last reply
More about hello

    Can you please describe your situation in more pertinent detail.

    Cover the basics:
    What is the Laptop?
    Is XP Pro an Upgrade version or full version?
    How did you initiate the re-installation, were you running Windows and then inserted the CD or did you boot up from the Windows CD?

    More specific information will help us to consider the nature of your problem and give useful hints and or solutions.

    I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing copy of windows
    xp pro
    "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
    > I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro. The setup for
    > windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing windows xp screen.
    > would like any ideas.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > nikhil

    Do you have an XP Pro CD?

    | I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing
    copy of windows
    | xp pro
    | "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
    | > I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro.
    The setup for
    | > windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing
    windows xp screen.
    | > would like any ideas.
    | >
    | > thanks
    | >
    | > nikhil

    no i have copied it the network
    > Do you have an XP Pro CD?

    > "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
    > | I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my existing
    > copy of windows
    > | xp pro
    > | "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
    > | > I have a laptop which i am re installing windows xp pro.
    > The setup for
    > | > windows xp pro comes up and then it hangs at installing
    > windows xp screen.
    > | > would like any ideas.
    > | >
    > | > thanks
    > | >
    > | > nikhil

    Then go to a store or order a CD on-line from a reputable
    dealer, suggest www.newegg.com

    | no i have copied it the network
    in message
    | > Do you have an XP Pro CD?
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message
    | > | I have acer laptop. I want reinstall or update my
    existing
    | > copy of windows
    | > | xp pro
    | > | "nikhil" <nikhil@omnisys.net> wrote in message