1394 firewire

hi,
can anyone help,i have installed a 1394 firewire card it
is showing up in my devise manager with a exclamation
mark,and it states it has a code 10,
..
thanks for any help.
brian
2 answers Last reply
More about 1394 firewire

    do you have SP1 installed ?

    --
    Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >
    > Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:

    Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
    otorga ningún derecho.

    You assume all risk for your use.

    XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

    por favor
    respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
    no se responde personalmente

    saludos

    Antonio
    ms mvp windowsxp shell user

    "brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > can anyone help,i have installed a 1394 firewire card it
    > is showing up in my devise manager with a exclamation
    > mark,and it states it has a code 10,
    > .
    > thanks for any help.
    > brian

    Brian, open device manager, select the 1394 card and remove
    the card and reboot, it should be redetected and installed
    again.

    If that doesn't remove the [yellow !] use device manager to
    remove it again and shutdown. Open the case and check to
    see that the card is securely inserted in the PCI slot and
    any power connections required are attached. Some Firewire
    cards require a direct connection to the power supply.
    Check the documentation on your card (if you don't have it,
    get it on-line) to see that it is properly installed.
    Reboot again.

    SNIP|
    | "brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | > hi,
    | > can anyone help,i have installed a 1394 firewire card it
    | > is showing up in my devise manager with a exclamation
    | > mark,and it states it has a code 10,
    | > .
    | > thanks for any help.
    | > brian