Restarting duty cycle of my Epson Stylus Color 580

Could anyone tell me how to restart my Epson Stylus Color 580.

It has been little used for the few years I have had it, but appears to have
been told to cease operating after the hours it has been switched on.

I have removed the driver from my computer, reinstalled the driver, tried
different cables (its own cable is fine anyway, as I use this cable for my
new Canon i560).

The computer is fine, USB ports all work (port swapping doesn't make any
difference in this case). The problem is definately with the printer

The driver is the latest I can find from Epson (I know they are not good
with current drivers, as they probably take for granted you will buy a new
Epson printer after a year or two.)

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Try new ink cartridges. The old ones are likely used up (or at least the
Epson thinks so) after it periodically cleans itself while left on.

Don