problem with sony handycam

I have recently purchased a sony dcr hc40e but my computer
is not recognising it. How it can be possible? Pl note all
the ways mentioned in the manual failed to solve the
problem.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem sony handycam

    See if the camera works on another computer with Windows XP.
    Contact Sony, there may be a problem with the camera or cable.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "sanjit" <b_sanjit@msn.com> wrote in message
    > I have recently purchased a sony dcr hc40e but my computer
    > is not recognising it. How it can be possible? Pl note all
    > the ways mentioned in the manual failed to solve the
    > problem.

    Hi,

    I got a sony DCR-HC40E handycam. While installing the sofware provided
    by Sony, it installed an application named 'Picture Package'. I dont
    know how to capture the picture from handycam to Computer using this
    software. Also I would like to know the availability of Image Mixer
    software for DCR-HC40E.

    Thanks,
    Siva

    Siva;
    Open My Computer.
    You should see another drive, the camera while connected.
    Open that drive and internal folders if necessary to locate the
    pictures.
    Simply Copy/Cut and Paste the pictures to new location on hard drive
    as desired.

    For the rest, check Sony's web site.

    --

    "Siva" <vsivaprakash@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a sony DCR-HC40E handycam. While installing the sofware
    provided
    > by Sony, it installed an application named 'Picture Package'. I dont
    > know how to capture the picture from handycam to Computer using this
    > software. Also I would like to know the availability of Image Mixer
    > software for DCR-HC40E.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Siva

Hardware Sony Microsoft Windows XP