problem with sony handycam

I have recently purchased a sony dcr hc40e but my computer
is not recognising it. How it can be possible? Pl note all
the ways mentioned in the manual failed to solve the
problem.

See if the camera works on another computer with Windows XP.
Contact Sony, there may be a problem with the camera or cable.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"sanjit" <b_sanjit@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have recently purchased a sony dcr hc40e but my computer
> is not recognising it. How it can be possible? Pl note all
> the ways mentioned in the manual failed to solve the
> problem.

Hi,

I got a sony DCR-HC40E handycam. While installing the sofware provided
by Sony, it installed an application named 'Picture Package'. I dont
know how to capture the picture from handycam to Computer using this
software. Also I would like to know the availability of Image Mixer
software for DCR-HC40E.

Thanks,
Siva

Siva;
Open My Computer.
You should see another drive, the camera while connected.
Open that drive and internal folders if necessary to locate the
pictures.
Simply Copy/Cut and Paste the pictures to new location on hard drive
as desired.

For the rest, check Sony's web site.