mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

gday i have tried 2 change the hard drive name on xp the
usual way by goin 2 admin. tools n it comes up with a msg
saying 'windows cannot modify the drive letter of your
system or boot volume.' i have tried doing it thru dos n
the same fault comes up. i have tried looking in CMOS
wen i 1st boot up but there is nothng there 2 change i
have read there r hidden settings in CMOS 4 xp windows n
a program must b used 2 open these hidden settings is
this true? i have only 1 hard drive its named f: n i need
2 name it c: in order 2 install software that auto
searches 4 the main c: drive can any1 help me please?

kawipoo

I have done this through the use of partition magic 8. If you registry
refers to the f: drive you can also change the references and shortcuts to
point to the c: drive via the mapping software which comes with partition
magic.
"mick" <mick_jobsearch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> gday i have tried 2 change the hard drive name on xp the
> usual way by goin 2 admin. tools n it comes up with a msg
> saying 'windows cannot modify the drive letter of your
> system or boot volume.' i have tried doing it thru dos n
> the same fault comes up. i have tried looking in CMOS
> wen i 1st boot up but there is nothng there 2 change i
> have read there r hidden settings in CMOS 4 xp windows n
> a program must b used 2 open these hidden settings is
> this true? i have only 1 hard drive its named f: n i need
> 2 name it c: in order 2 install software that auto
> searches 4 the main c: drive can any1 help me please?

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

gday again thanx 4 that answer but wen i use that program
(i just down loaded it) it comes up saying 'This
partition contains the windows directory. if you change
this drive letter, your system may not boot. continue
with drive letter change?' do u think this will happen?
if i do do it 2 c if it works n it wont boot up cn i boot
windows using the xp cd? do i need 2 do sthn else in this
program in order 4 it 2 work? thanx 4 ur help

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

that program will not let me change the hard drive name
wat the hell is goin on it says this version is an
evaluation version do i need 2 buy the full version 2 do
this?