Charlie

I just installed a new ASUS motherboard that supports dual channel and have
installed the proper SIMMs in the correct slots. Is there any way to see if
the system is actually operating in dual channel mode? Nothing is indicated
at boot up and the bios settings don't reference anything about running in
dual channel mode. Is there anything in Windows XP which would indicate
this?

Turn off the pretty Asus startup screen in the bios so you can look at the
boot text. You will see that it is in dual mode.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I just installed a new ASUS motherboard that supports dual channel and
have
> installed the proper SIMMs in the correct slots. Is there any way to see
if
> the system is actually operating in dual channel mode? Nothing is
indicated
> at boot up and the bios settings don't reference anything about running in
> dual channel mode. Is there anything in Windows XP which would indicate
> this?

Charlie, try Sisoft Sandra. It has Memory Benchmarks.
http://download.guru3d.com/sandra/
"Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I just installed a new ASUS motherboard that supports dual channel and
have
> installed the proper SIMMs in the correct slots. Is there any way to see
if
> the system is actually operating in dual channel mode? Nothing is
indicated
> at boot up and the bios settings don't reference anything about running in
> dual channel mode. Is there anything in Windows XP which would indicate
> this?

Charlie

Thanks Crusty. It is running in dual mode.
"Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23Ihg2DjOEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Turn off the pretty Asus startup screen in the bios so you can look at the
> boot text. You will see that it is in dual mode.
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> "Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > I just installed a new ASUS motherboard that supports dual channel and
> have
> > installed the proper SIMMs in the correct slots. Is there any way to
see
> if
> > the system is actually operating in dual channel mode? Nothing is
> indicated
> > at boot up and the bios settings don't reference anything about running
in
> > dual channel mode. Is there anything in Windows XP which would indicate
> > this?

You're welcome! (-: