HP 5550 large file printer failure

Unable to print high resolution photos, files of about 1,5 Mb on my HP 5550
colour printer.
The system ( Windows XP) error apears and unable to print. I have to
restart Windows to print the files with lower volumes ( photos of 500 kb
have no problem).
Is it HP memory capacity or PC memory limits?
Any hints will oblige.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:28:47 +0200, "Christophe Majewski"
<christophe.majewski@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Unable to print high resolution photos, files of about 1,5 Mb on my HP 5550
>colour printer.
> The system ( Windows XP) error apears and unable to print. I have to
>restart Windows to print the files with lower volumes ( photos of 500 kb
>have no problem).
>Is it HP memory capacity or PC memory limits?
>Any hints will oblige.

A little more info would be helpful.

What program are you using to print?
How much memory do you have?
Have you tried re-installing the software?

A 1.5Mb jpg could be taking up 20Mb or more of memory as it has to be
uncompressed behind the scenes as it were. There is a low memory option in the
HP driver, in the Features>Advanced Features menu.

"Christophe Majewski" <christophe.majewski@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> Unable to print high resolution photos, files of about 1,5 Mb on my HP 5550
> colour printer.
> The system ( Windows XP) error apears and unable to print. I have to
> restart Windows to print the files with lower volumes ( photos of 500 kb
> have no problem).
> Is it HP memory capacity or PC memory limits?
> Any hints will oblige.

I am using PIE Studio (software which enable to print several photos on one
page) to print photos.
http://www.picmeta.com/piestudio.htm

I have to rectify that I am using Windows ME on this PC.
My PC has 250 Mb RAM.

I re-installed the software several times and it didn't helped.

My HP 5550 is in standard configuration ( no additional memory used).

"E. Barry Bruyea" <snow@drift.ca> a écrit dans le message de
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:28:47 +0200, "Christophe Majewski"
> <christophe.majewski@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> >Unable to print high resolution photos, files of about 1,5 Mb on my HP
5550
> >colour printer.
> > The system ( Windows XP) error apears and unable to print. I have to
> >restart Windows to print the files with lower volumes ( photos of 500 kb
> >have no problem).
> >Is it HP memory capacity or PC memory limits?
> >Any hints will oblige.
>
> A little more info would be helpful.
>
> What program are you using to print?
> How much memory do you have?
> Have you tried re-installing the software?

TRENDING THREADS