After a reinstall of Windows, I've found that my ATI tv
tuner no longer works. I've reinstalled the drivers from
their website again and reinstalled the user console. Now,
it can run stupid bloat-ware like ATI's multimedia
library, etc, but not the tuner itself. I click on its
icon, and the initializing screen comes up, but nothing
else happens. The process that starts when I click the
icon dies a quiet death without so much as a peep.

In the past, I was able to manually locate TV-card drivers
in the device manager console, but that no longer works
for me; the folder they're supposed to be in just isn't
there. I've tried multiple downloads of the files and
multiple versions of the program. Any advice?

Did you scan for channels?

Bobby

"Mark W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After a reinstall of Windows, I've found that my ATI tv
> tuner no longer works. I've reinstalled the drivers from
> their website again and reinstalled the user console. Now,
> it can run stupid bloat-ware like ATI's multimedia
> library, etc, but not the tuner itself. I click on its
> icon, and the initializing screen comes up, but nothing
> else happens. The process that starts when I click the
> icon dies a quiet death without so much as a peep.
>
> In the past, I was able to manually locate TV-card drivers
> in the device manager console, but that no longer works
> for me; the folder they're supposed to be in just isn't
> there. I've tried multiple downloads of the files and
> multiple versions of the program. Any advice?

This is a common problem with the ATI MMC versions 8.9 and 9.0, no known fix or cause at the moment.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33753208