connecting 2 computers without NIC

i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no Netwrok
Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the internet
between them or at least some files

thaks in advance

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/ try here

"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
> i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
Netwrok
> Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
internet
> between them or at least some files
>
> thaks in advance

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
> i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
Netwrok
> Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
internet
> between them or at least some files
>
> thaks in advance

How many times are you going to keep asking this same question, that you
have asked over and over again the past few days? You may be better off
searching, as one already gave you the answer(s) you needed.

On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:57:09 -0400, "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote:

>"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
>> i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
>Netwrok
>> Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
>internet
>> between them or at least some files
>>
>> thaks in advance
>>

>How many times are you going to keep asking this same question, that you
>have asked over and over again the past few days? You may be better off
>searching, as one already gave you the answer(s) you needed.

Maybe he doesn't want to spend $15/ea on NICs. :p

Then he can spend $30 on a cross-over USB.

> Then he can spend $30 on a cross-over USB.
>

> "ryeish" <castint@hotmail.net> wrote in message
> | On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:57:09 -0400, "Tom"
> <noway@nothere.com> wrote:
> |

> | >"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
> they have no
> | >Netwrok
> and share the
> | >internet

> | >How many times are you going to keep asking this same
> question, that you
> | >have asked over and over again the past few days? You may
> be better off
> | >searching, as one already gave you the answer(s) you
> needed.
> |
> | Maybe he doesn't want to spend $15/ea on NICs. :p

Yea, but "N" still will keep on asking, as "ad nauseam" answers aren't
seemingly enough!

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:16:36 +0500, "N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote:

>i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no Netwrok
>Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the internet
>between them or at least some files
>
>thaks in advance

You could dig up something like LapLink to xfer files. Or you can
purchase 2 network cards or a usb crossover kit like someone else
mentioned. I'd opt for a couple of nics and crossover cable. Easy
enough to do. If you want to share your modem you could setup the ics
stuff.

ryeish wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:57:09 -0400, "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote:
>

>>"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
>>
>>>i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
>>
>>Netwrok
>>
>>>Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
>>
>>internet
>>
>>>between them or at least some files
>>>
>>>thaks in advance
>>>

>>How many times are you going to keep asking this same question, that you
>>have asked over and over again the past few days? You may be better off
>>searching, as one already gave you the answer(s) you needed.
>

> Maybe he doesn't want to spend $15/ea on NICs. :p

NICs go for ~5$US at PC flea markets around here. A crossover cable
costs more than a pair of 10bT NICs at flea markets, although I've
seen then listed for 1$US on the web.
--
Cheers, Bob

"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message
> i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
Netwrok
> Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
internet
> between them or at least some files
>
> thaks in advance

I believe that if you try long and enough and hard enough then
you can connect the machines either with a serial or with a
parallel cable. However, seeing that network adapters are now
almost free, why bother using legacy technology?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"N" <alskdfj@alsjdf.alsdf> wrote in message

> i have two computers both have internel 56 k modems but they have no
Netwrok
> Cards........ still is there any way to connect them and share the
internet
> between them or at least some files
>
> thaks in advance

Just go to a PC store and buy two NIC's and a crossover patch
cable. Very few, if any PC's are shipped now, without LAN
connections.

TRENDING THREADS