P4S8X MB with Promis RAID (potentially dumb) question

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi...got the above with 2x WD 120GB SATA drives setup in RAID-1, the
mirroring version...
Notice drives getting full, was wondering if I can setup on the IDE chain a
larger drive for single drive storage? My alt. way I guess would be
connecting an ext. drive via USB but figure this would be faster
performance...
thanks in advance
bob

Yes, you can connect up to 4 drives on the parallel ATA channels. The only
time you would run into trouble is if you have the single drive marked
active and you set the boot order incorrectly. If your single drive is not
active the boot order shouldn't matter.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi..thanks for responding...so the following config will work?
C: Drive
Promis Controller with 2x SATA WD 120GB HDD

D: Drive
maxtor ATA250GB HDD

Connect to PRI_IDE not the PRI_ATA133 for that is for disk in RAID,
correct?

"Joel McGregor" <joelsplace@noooospaaamearthling.net> wrote in message
> Yes, you can connect up to 4 drives on the parallel ATA channels. The
only
> time you would run into trouble is if you have the single drive marked
> active and you set the boot order incorrectly. If your single drive is
not
> active the boot order shouldn't matter.

TRENDING THREADS