Display Mode in XP

May 15, 2004 8:31:10 AM

Just installed XP PRO upgrade. All was fine then I
changed resolution and now have error message,"VGA MODE
NO SUPPORT". I cannot get back into computer to change
resolution. Have rebooted, F11'd and "Load Defaults" but
still nothing. Using KDS Radius monitor, no reset that I
see on the monitor. Restore HD is not an option.
Emachines does not support upgrades. Machine is T2240.
Please advise. Thanks in advance. Frantic.

More about : display mode

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 7:09:05 PM

Jeff, try tapping F8 repeatedly on Startup. You should get a Menu. There's
an option to select VGA
Try that. If that doesnt work do the same but select Safe Mode. See if
you can get to the Desktop to
change the resolution.
news:D 74601c43a70$1f12f220$a001280a@phx.gbl...