P4C 800 Delux keeps rebooting every 30 minutes

I have a the above MB, 3gig P4, and am running a (ATI )Radeon 9800 pro video
card, with a 40 gig maxtor harddrive. Everytime I start playing (any) game
the computer reboots after about 30 min....have tried a 8500 Radeon also a
true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different bios's on
MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several times,
still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Rocky

"Wilbure" <nevermail@getit.com> wrote in message
> I have a the above MB, 3gig P4, and am running a (ATI )Radeon 9800 pro
video
> card, with a 40 gig maxtor harddrive. Everytime I start playing (any) game
> the computer reboots after about 30 min....have tried a 8500 Radeon also a
> true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different bios's
on
> MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several
times,
> still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Try looking in control panel > Administrative Tools > Event Logger.

Double click on the Application events on the right to see what errors were
reported.

Can you check the temperature of the mobo right after the reboot? Go itno
the bios to check it, maybe its overheating?

--
Rocky
www.ghostrecon.net | www.agr-s.com | www.tactical-elite.net

__

Paul

Splendid

In article <Lzmxc.22954$2o2.1454702@twister.southeast.rr.com>, "Wilbure"
<nevermail@getit.com> wrote:

> I have a the above MB, 3gig P4, and am running a (ATI )Radeon 9800 pro video
> card, with a 40 gig maxtor harddrive. Everytime I start playing (any) game
> the computer reboots after about 30 min....have tried a 8500 Radeon also a
> true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different bios's on
> MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several times,
> still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Get a copy of motherboard monitor MBM5 and log temps and
voltages to a text file. The monitoring rate can be set to
every ten seconds. The file is committed after every
reading, so after you reboot, the conditions just before
the reboot will be at the end of the text file. Chances
are, something is overheating.

HTH,
Paul

Rich

My guess is that you are either overheating, (cpu or video card), or you
have a poor quality or underpowered power supply. Is your memory compatible
with that board?

"Wilbure" <nevermail@getit.com> wrote in message
> I have a the above MB, 3gig P4, and am running a (ATI )Radeon 9800 pro
video
> card, with a 40 gig maxtor harddrive. Everytime I start playing (any) game
> the computer reboots after about 30 min....have tried a 8500 Radeon also a
> true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different bios's
on
> MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several
times,
> still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

I boughtand replaced my memory wirh crucial the best I could bye, it said
it was compatable with my motherboard on their site
"Rich" <nbrk911@windy.comcast.net> wrote in message
> My guess is that you are either overheating, (cpu or video card), or you
> have a poor quality or underpowered power supply. Is your memory
compatible
> with that board?
>

> "Wilbure" <nevermail@getit.com> wrote in message
> > I have a the above MB, 3gig P4, and am running a (ATI )Radeon 9800 pro
> video
> > card, with a 40 gig maxtor harddrive. Everytime I start playing (any)
game
> > the computer reboots after about 30 min....have tried a 8500 Radeon also
> > true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different
bios's
> on
> > MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several
> times,
> > still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

450 watt power supply and all your problem are gone