  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2004 12:21:22 AM

Hi

I've got an a7n8x-x mobo with 512 MB mem (333 Mhz)
and a 2500+ CPU
Normally it boots OK, but after a powerdown it doesn't
post at all, (HD led and power led light up, but keyboard
leds don't, it doesn't even beep)
The only remedy seems to be to unplug the powerplug from
the wall socket and leave it out for about 5 minutes. After
that it boots again normally.
When it is not unplugged it might take more that an hour
before it is willing to boot again.

A (hard) reset instead of a powerdown does't cause this
problem, but it doesn't help when it is stuck before POST,
then only unplugging seems to help.

Another weird thing is that the the green led of the
NEC 2500 DVD+RW is always on when the power is down.
(don't know if this is supposed to, guess not)

At the store they told me they already replaced the PSU,
but it doesn't make any difference.

regards,
Arjan

More about : a7n8x post short powerdown

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2004 12:21:23 AM

Arjan <arjanl2000_removethisforseriousmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40c60339$0$3680$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl>...
> Hi
>
> I've got an a7n8x-x mobo with 512 MB mem (333 Mhz)
> and a 2500+ CPU
> Normally it boots OK, but after a powerdown it doesn't
> post at all, (HD led and power led light up, but keyboard
> leds don't, it doesn't even beep)
> The only remedy seems to be to unplug the powerplug from
> the wall socket and leave it out for about 5 minutes. After
> that it boots again normally.
> When it is not unplugged it might take more that an hour
> before it is willing to boot again.
>
> A (hard) reset instead of a powerdown does't cause this
> problem, but it doesn't help when it is stuck before POST,
> then only unplugging seems to help.
>
> Another weird thing is that the the green led of the
> NEC 2500 DVD+RW is always on when the power is down.
> (don't know if this is supposed to, guess not)
>
> At the store they told me they already replaced the PSU,
> but it doesn't make any difference.
>
> regards,
> Arjan

I had a similar problem with an ABIT MOBO. I don't recall that it was
a power supply problem, but it might be. See if you can power on and
off in DOS with the power switch and also do CTL-ALT-DEL & Hard RESET
to restart. If you can, I'd suspect Windows.

arnie
!