USB oddety

A7N8X deluxe V2, updated bios, Logitech wireless mouse + updated driver
With the mouse/transmitter connected to either rear USB ports the mouse
eventually exhibits peculiar operation i.e. basically it doesn't work
correctly.
Connect to front USB port/s and its OK.
I have a USB scanner and printer connected to rear USB ports and they both
function correctly, without any delay on these peripherals.
I used a spare Logitech wireless transmitter, connected to the rear USB
ports, with the same/original mouse, and it functions OK.
I'm bemused by all this, any thoughts??
1 answer Last reply
More about oddety

    The front USB port will likely be an extension of the ones on the back; or
    possibly connected to a differnce place on the motherboard, as it's a sort
    of 'expansion-extra' - your manufacturer of your pc will have thought you'd
    like some front USB ports for digital-cameras etc.

    Check bios, make sure they're set up correctly; check windows too incase
    drivers are corrupt.

    "D" <anon@spoof.com> wrote in message news:RYsxc.597$SB2.166@newsfe2-win...
    > A7N8X deluxe V2, updated bios, Logitech wireless mouse + updated driver
    > With the mouse/transmitter connected to either rear USB ports the mouse
    > eventually exhibits peculiar operation i.e. basically it doesn't work
    > correctly.
    > Connect to front USB port/s and its OK.
    > I have a USB scanner and printer connected to rear USB ports and they both
    > function correctly, without any delay on these peripherals.
    > I used a spare Logitech wireless transmitter, connected to the rear USB
    > ports, with the same/original mouse, and it functions OK.
    > I'm bemused by all this, any thoughts??

Asus USB Logitech Motherboards