Hard Disk Icon Missing

when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
found no option to change the icon.

how do i get that icon back?

If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
information stored on the drive.

please eamil.
2 answers Last reply
More about hard disk icon missing

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:56:10 -0700, "Ryan" <ScarCrow88@adelphia.net>
    wrote:

    >when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
    >that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
    >found no option to change the icon.
    >
    >how do i get that icon back?
    >
    >If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
    >do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
    >information stored on the drive.

    Use the Disk management tool to assign a drive letter to
    your missing hard disk.

    Peter Hutchison
    Windows FAQ
    http://www.pcguru.plus.com/
  2. Ryan said:

    when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
    that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
    found no option to change the icon.

    how do i get that icon back?

    If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
    do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
    information stored on the drive.

    please eamil.

    you need to perform place Upgrade with your installation disk

Hardware Device Manager Computers Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP