  • Hard Drives
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 15, 2004 11:56:10 PM

when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
found no option to change the icon.

how do i get that icon back?

If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
information stored on the drive.

please eamil.

More about : hard disk icon missing

Anonymous
May 30, 2004 3:05:04 PM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 19:56:10 -0700, "Ryan" <ScarCrow88@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
>that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
>found no option to change the icon.
>
>how do i get that icon back?
>
>If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
>do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
>information stored on the drive.

Use the Disk management tool to assign a drive letter to
your missing hard disk.

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/
April 20, 2011 4:29:10 PM

Ryan said:

when opening the my computer window, recently i noticed
that the icon for one of my hard drives is missing. I have
found no option to change the icon.

how do i get that icon back?

If i uninstal the hard disk through device manager, will it
do the trick? Obviously i don't want to loose any
information stored on the drive.

please eamil.

you need to perform place Upgrade with your installation disk
!