Cannot install and remove 895Cxi printer(driver) in XP-pro

Would appreciate if anyone could help with this:

Have tried to connect HP895Cxi to new pc with XP-prof. Should be simple: the
driver is already in XP, so connect printer to USB-port and it should work.
But this didn't work for me off course. XP recognized the printer at
connection and installed the printer driver. But the printer doesn't print,
no test page, document, nothing. The printer is fine, I tested this with
another pc.
I thought re-installing might work, so tried to remove the printer. First
through "printers and faxes" and then "delete", but no good result. Even
after restart it now keeps on stating "deleting". When trying to install the
printer again, it simply installs a second copy, that also doesn't print.
I've also tried to remove the printer driver manually, through "printers and
faxes", "file" and then "networking options", but also no result.

I'm getting pretty desperate now. Would anybody know what to do now? Would
appreciate any input!

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <c5ti8e$271u$1@ulysses.news.tiscali.de>, rdegraaf@tiscali.de
says...
> Would appreciate if anyone could help with this:
>
> Have tried to connect HP895Cxi to new pc with XP-prof. Should be simple: the
> driver is already in XP, so connect printer to USB-port and it should work.
> But this didn't work for me off course. XP recognized the printer at
> connection and installed the printer driver. But the printer doesn't print,
> no test page, document, nothing. The printer is fine, I tested this with
> another pc.
> I thought re-installing might work, so tried to remove the printer. First
> through "printers and faxes" and then "delete", but no good result. Even
> after restart it now keeps on stating "deleting". When trying to install the
> printer again, it simply installs a second copy, that also doesn't print.
> I've also tried to remove the printer driver manually, through "printers and
> faxes", "file" and then "networking options", but also no result.
>
> I'm getting pretty desperate now. Would anybody know what to do now? Would
> appreciate any input!

In Start/Sttings/Printers, look at the menu entry File/Server
Properties. There is a Drivers tab where you can add/remove drivers,
including drivers for printers not listed in the main Printers folder.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross