Windows doesn't automatically configure wireless network s..

Everytime I start up the computer, Windows will automatically detect and
connect to a wireless connection for several seconds, then disconnect. Then I
have to go to wireless connection properties and check the box for "Use
Windows to configure my wireless network settings." I thought that the box
was supposed to be checked by default, but it's always unchecked. So
everytime I turn on my computer, I have to go in and check the box again. How
do I get it the box to be checked by default again?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows doesn automatically configure wireless network

    Boot in safe mode with networking support, set the settings then restart and
    see if they stick.

    Carey

    "Lychee" <Lychee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I start up the computer, Windows will automatically detect and
    > connect to a wireless connection for several seconds, then disconnect.
    > Then I
    > have to go to wireless connection properties and check the box for "Use
    > Windows to configure my wireless network settings." I thought that the box
    > was supposed to be checked by default, but it's always unchecked. So
    > everytime I turn on my computer, I have to go in and check the box again.
    > How
    > do I get it the box to be checked by default again?

    In safe mode, the box is checked. But when I restarted in normal mode, the
    box became unchecked again.

    If you are using Windows to configure the network don't use the wireless
    card software . If you use them both then they cancel each other out. Also
    make sure WZC in on automatic and started in Services if you are using
    Windows. See if something is starting in msconfig. Most wireless cards have
    their own Management Software. My Truemobile has one called Wlan Utility,
    IBM uses Proset.
    > In safe mode, the box is checked. But when I restarted in normal mode, the
    > box became unchecked again.

Wireless Connection Wireless Network Wireless Networking