A7N8X-X channel memory

Hi, anyone knows if the A7N8X-X is dual or single channel? (despite the
mention or not on the Asus Webpage).

Vinicio

"Vinicio Ascone" <vinicioa@technolabcorp.com> wrote in message
> Hi, anyone knows if the A7N8X-X is dual or single channel? (despite the
> mention or not on the Asus Webpage).
>
> Vinicio

Single.
I have one right here in front of me (in a PC, of course).
As I have both the -X and a Deluxe (which does support dual channel), I have
to admit that I cannot tell the difference in everyday use (both with 1 GB
PC3200 in two 512 Meg modules).
IMHO, if you don't want or need the *other* features not included on the -X,
don't spend extra for dual channel support.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

The only time there will be a difference is with onboard graphics chip and
as it is not on there then I fail to see what all the "fuss" is about.
Everyday use ain't gonna be no faster with or without dual channel mode.
And so called dual channel ram don't exist anyways.
I have used 512 and 256 in dual mode, same in single, 2x512 in dual and in
single and I aint never seen no difference at all.

Gimmiks on Mobos ? Never :)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:38:07 +0100, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>The only time there will be a difference is with onboard graphics chip and
>as it is not on there then I fail to see what all the "fuss" is about.
>Everyday use ain't gonna be no faster with or without dual channel mode.
>And so called dual channel ram don't exist anyways.
>I have used 512 and 256 in dual mode, same in single, 2x512 in dual and in
>single and I aint never seen no difference at all.

You might get 5% extra speed, might not be alot but when you add all
the bits of speed you pick up it can add up to 50% pretty fast :)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:38:07 +0100, "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote:

>The only time there will be a difference is with onboard graphics chip and
>as it is not on there then I fail to see what all the "fuss" is about.
>Everyday use ain't gonna be no faster with or without dual channel mode.
>And so called dual channel ram don't exist anyways.
>I have used 512 and 256 in dual mode, same in single, 2x512 in dual and in
>single and I aint never seen no difference at all.

I've got already the mobo, now i will try to get the exact memory.
I guess the dual channel will not work if i use the 3 bank of the mobo?
or just the 3rd bank will work single?

Thanks a lot for the info,
Vinicio

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:1pgec099nggufp52brkmfdco8re2fto440@4ax.com...

Vinicio Ascone wrote:
> I've got already the mobo, now i will try to get the exact memory.
> I guess the dual channel will not work if i use the 3 bank of the mobo?
> or just the 3rd bank will work single?

It WILL work in Dual Channel.

Ben

Ben Pope wrote:
> Vinicio Ascone wrote:
>> I've got already the mobo, now i will try to get the exact memory.
>> I guess the dual channel will not work if i use the 3 bank of the mobo?
>> or just the 3rd bank will work single?
>

> It WILL work in Dual Channel.

Er... Thought you were referring to the A7N8X, not the -X, since you have
already been told that the -X board is not Dual Channel.

You are entirely correct in saying that Dual Channel won't work with 3 Dimms
on a Single Channel board.

Ben

oh, i didn't read the post correctly.

I'm sorry.

"Ben Pope" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ben Pope wrote:
> > Vinicio Ascone wrote:
> >> I've got already the mobo, now i will try to get the exact memory.
> >> I guess the dual channel will not work if i use the 3 bank of the mobo?
> >> or just the 3rd bank will work single?
> >

> > It WILL work in Dual Channel.
>
> Er... Thought you were referring to the A7N8X, not the -X, since you have
> already been told that the -X board is not Dual Channel.
>
> You are entirely correct in saying that Dual Channel won't work with 3
Dimms
> on a Single Channel board.
>
> Ben

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Ben,
the X-X does not have dual channel mode at all.
I have used them in systems and can say that there is no dual channel mode
on them.
You can't use what is not there.
The A7N8X-X was and is single channel.

Nero wrote:
> Ben,
> the X-X does not have dual channel mode at all.
> I have used them in systems and can say that there is no dual channel mode
> on them.
> You can't use what is not there.
> The A7N8X-X was and is single channel.

I take it you didn't read my reply to myself.

Ben

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

What reply to yourself???
THis is the only thing you said...............

"It WILL work in Dual Channel.

Ben"
There is no other by you.

Maybe you are having problems with the treads, Ben did reply to him self.

"Er... Thought you were referring to the A7N8X, not the -X, since you have
already been told that the -X board is not Dual Channel.
You are entirely correct in saying that Dual Channel won't work with 3 Dimms
on a Single Channel board."

I felt guilty about the confusion, that;s why i'm posting this to clarify.

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> Ben,
> there are only 8 replies and only ONE was from you and that said "It
Will".

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Just because you see it don't mean it shows on EVERY
server.....................................

"Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
> Ben,
> there are only 8 replies and only ONE was from you and that said "It
Will".

Maybe *your* feed didn't pick up Ben's follow-up, posted *two minutes* after
his first, but it was posted and is here on my newsserver.
In his follow-up, Ben said in part:
"Er... Thought you were referring to the A7N8X, not the -X, since you have
already been told that the -X board is not Dual Channel."

As I now see additional from you defending yourself because Ben's post isn't
on your server, perhaps you should consider that possibility *before* you
start making accusations.

Nero

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

I was not making anything prat face.............................
keep yer advice to yerself moron.
Make what you will of it.....................................
ASS**LE

> I was not making anything prat face.............................
> keep yer advice to yerself moron.
> Make what you will of it.....................................
> ASS**LE

And, once more, you've removed all doubt as to your lack of intellect.

Peter van der Goes wrote:
> "Nero" <nero@rome.it> wrote in message
>> I was not making anything prat face.............................
>> keep yer advice to yerself moron.
>> Make what you will of it.....................................
>> ASS**LE
>>

> And, once more, you've removed all doubt as to your lack of intellect.

Wow, what happened whilst I was away!!

Ben

> Wow, what happened whilst I was away!!
>
> Ben

Heh, heh. Nothing much, Ben. Just a tempest in a teapot, so to speak ;-)

Nero wrote:
> Just because you see it don't mean it shows on EVERY
> server.....................................

....just 'cos you don;t see it, doesn't mean I didn't post it.

Not sure why everybody has got so upset about this matter.

Ben

I promise do not post anything for 1 weeks! :)

Vinicio Ascone wrote:
> I promise do not post anything for 1 weeks! :)

It's not you that caused the problem!

Ben

I know, was a joke! :) (i post the original question).

> Vinicio Ascone wrote:
> > I promise do not post anything for 1 weeks! :)
>

> It's not you that caused the problem!
>
> Ben

TRENDING THREADS