Wireless Network Connected but no packets exchanged!!

I have set up an ad-hoc wireless network between a laptop and desktop. Both
are running win XP. The networks connect to each other and show as
"Connected" with excellent signal strength but no packets are exchanged only
packets sent. Ad Hoc peer to peer is set up at both ends.

The laptop assigns a Automatic Private Address but cannot get a Default
Gateway. When the wireless connection is replaced with a traditional wired
link between the two everything works just fine!

I have tried switching off WEP & Network Authentication at both ends - no
change, good connection but no packets exchanged.

Why can the laptop not negotiate a Default Gateway with the Desktop. The
laptop wireless link works fine when connected with other networks.

Any help? Thanks John I
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless network connected packets exchanged

    Simply installing updated drivers, or even the diagnostic utilities will
    either fix your issue, or point you in the right direction.

Laptops Wireless Wireless Network Wireless Networking