Can't turn off my PC

After turning off, my PC immediately turns on. The same happens when I use the PC's start button. There is only one way to turn it off - unplug it. Is it XP or hardware problem?
Could somebody help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi

For shutdown/restart problems, please have a look at MVP Jim Eshelman's web
site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Plumbum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After turning off, my PC immediately turns on. The same happens when I use
the PC's start button. There is only one way to turn it off - unplug it. Is
it XP or hardware problem?
| Could somebody help me?
| Thanks in advance.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

This is a problem with XP, not hardware.
I reinstalled XP and everything worked fine :)

Thanks, guys
I'm working on it...without success yet ...but in the hope of winning...