CD drive dissapears/not present

Every once in a while, a CD/DVD drive will not appear in
the device list. I have 2 CD-R/W drives and 1 DVD-R/W
drive in my computer. For some reason, 2 of the drives do
not appear in My Computer and are inaccessible from any
part of the computer. I have also tried to find them in
device manager, but they do not appear as a listed
device. I have also tried to scan for new hardware but
with no success.

Help!!

Thank you in advance for your assistance
1 answer Last reply
More about drive dissapears present

    See Alex Nichol's fix for the 'disappearing' CD drive problem.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Chris W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every once in a while, a CD/DVD drive will not appear in
    > the device list. I have 2 CD-R/W drives and 1 DVD-R/W
    > drive in my computer. For some reason, 2 of the drives do
    > not appear in My Computer and are inaccessible from any
    > part of the computer. I have also tried to find them in
    > device manager, but they do not appear as a listed
    > device. I have also tried to scan for new hardware but
    > with no success.
    >
    > Help!!
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your assistance

Hardware Computers Windows XP