CS 1.6 Problem

Hello,

I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
unable to solve alone...

Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(

I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
the right hint in the right direction ;)

Thanks in Advance,
Guido
5 answers Last reply
More about problem

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:25:39 +0100, Guido Lindenstock <kosh_ac@web.de>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
    >upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
    >unable to solve alone...
    >
    >Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
    >even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
    >the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
    >every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(
    >
    >I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
    >the right hint in the right direction ;)
    >
    >Thanks in Advance,
    >Guido

    Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
    with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.

    Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.

    hth,

    tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:30:28 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
    www.WorkAtHomePlans.com> wrote:

    >>I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
    >>the right hint in the right direction ;)
    >>
    >>Thanks in Advance,
    >>Guido
    >

    >Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
    >with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.
    >
    >Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.

    Thanks for the Tip, but I did this several times ;)

    Yesterday I managed to come a step closer to the Solution, I added the
    switch -fullscreen to the Startup of the game and now it seems to run
    fine, anyway I realy don´t know why this is.... :)

    Guido

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:01:31 +0100, Guido Lindenstock <kosh_ac@web.de>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:30:28 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
    >www.WorkAtHomePlans.com> wrote:
    >
    >>>I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
    >>>the right hint in the right direction ;)
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in Advance,
    >>>Guido
    >>

    >>Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
    >>with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.
    >>
    >>Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.
    >
    >Thanks for the Tip, but I did this several times ;)
    >
    >Yesterday I managed to come a step closer to the Solution, I added the
    >switch -fullscreen to the Startup of the game and now it seems to run
    >fine, anyway I realy don´t know why this is.... :)
    >
    >Guido

    Well, then I'm tapped out of ideas. I too hate when a program doesn't
    like to work at times. Makes me mad.

    Glad you're getting closer to having it 'fixed'.

    Have a good weekend!

    later,

    tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    CS 1.6 is so last week...

    "Guido Lindenstock" <kosh_ac@web.de> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
    > upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
    > unable to solve alone...
    >
    > Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
    > even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
    > the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
    > every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(
    >
    > I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
    > the right hint in the right direction ;)
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Guido
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:36:16 +1300, "Sponge" <none@none.com> wrote:

    >CS 1.6 is so last week...

    You mean this was a general problem???

Games Splash Screen Video Games