CS 1.6 Problem

Last response: in Video Games
March 17, 2005 5:25:39 AM

Hello,

I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
unable to solve alone...

Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(

I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
the right hint in the right direction ;)

Thanks in Advance,
Guido

More about : problem

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 11:30:28 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:25:39 +0100, Guido Lindenstock <kosh_ac@web.de>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
>upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
>unable to solve alone...
>
>Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
>even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
>the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
>every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(
>
>I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
>the right hint in the right direction ;)
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Guido

Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.

Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.

hth,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 3:01:31 AM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:30:28 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
www.WorkAtHomePlans.com&gt; wrote:

>>I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
>>the right hint in the right direction ;)
>>
>>Thanks in Advance,
>>Guido
>

>Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
>with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.
>
>Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.

Thanks for the Tip, but I did this several times ;)

Yesterday I managed to come a step closer to the Solution, I added the
switch -fullscreen to the Startup of the game and now it seems to run
fine, anyway I realy don´t know why this is.... :)

Guido
March 18, 2005 12:10:10 PM

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:01:31 +0100, Guido Lindenstock <kosh_ac@web.de>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:30:28 -0500, The Real Tom <Tom @
>www.WorkAtHomePlans.com&gt; wrote:
>
>>>I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
>>>the right hint in the right direction ;)
>>>
>>>Thanks in Advance,
>>>Guido
>>

>>Not an expert on this, but it might save time rather than fighting
>>with it, just uninstall and reinstall the program.
>>
>>Sometimes it saves time and agrivation.
>
>Thanks for the Tip, but I did this several times ;)
>
>Yesterday I managed to come a step closer to the Solution, I added the
>switch -fullscreen to the Startup of the game and now it seems to run
>fine, anyway I realy don´t know why this is.... :)
>
>Guido

Well, then I'm tapped out of ideas. I too hate when a program doesn't
like to work at times. Makes me mad.

Glad you're getting closer to having it 'fixed'.

Have a good weekend!

later,

tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 5:36:16 PM

CS 1.6 is so last week...

"Guido Lindenstock" <kosh_ac@web.de> wrote in message
news:D 4nh3196d06mhn7dr6b74tfis3o496njas@4ax.com...

> Hello,
>
> I used to play CS 1.5 a long time ago with no problems, but now after
> upgrading to Steam and 1.6 I seem to encounter a problem which I am
> unable to solve alone...
>
> Everything works just fine until I change any of the video options,
> even changing brightness, which forces the game to restart gets me to
> the splash screen, but with no Menu and no Mouse! I allready tried
> every troubleshooting I could find in the web, but nothing works :(
>
> I am desperate in finding a solution and hope someone could give me
> the right hint in the right direction ;)
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Guido
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 5:36:17 PM