From a P4B266-C to which M/B

I currently have a ASUS P4B266-C motherboard with 1.60A P4 processor. I am
looking at possibly replacing the motherboard (for use with faster
processors and Hyper-Threading) and would like to know which motherboard I
should look at. I do not like the "all-in-one" motherboards, since I do not
like to have all the ports onboard.

What can you recommend??

--
Y.

Forget ASUS, altough I'm an ASUS user for quite sometime already
I'm now using the same board as yours.

Check this out :

Been aiming for this board for a few days, looks good and suitable my needs
I'll recommend this one...
ABIT IS7-E2
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=80
Cheers
> I currently have a ASUS P4B266-C motherboard with 1.60A P4 processor. I
am
> looking at possibly replacing the motherboard (for use with faster
> processors and Hyper-Threading) and would like to know which motherboard I
> should look at. I do not like the "all-in-one" motherboards, since I do
not
> like to have all the ports onboard.
>
> What can you recommend??
>
> --
> Y.

I checked out that ABIT MB, and it still has built-in audio and
LAN. Not the "bare bones" MB being sought.

Can it _control_ all the fan speeds? Something ASUS seems to
have abandoned. :(