From a P4B266-C to which M/B

I currently have a ASUS P4B266-C motherboard with 1.60A P4 processor. I am
looking at possibly replacing the motherboard (for use with faster
processors and Hyper-Threading) and would like to know which motherboard I
should look at. I do not like the "all-in-one" motherboards, since I do not
like to have all the ports onboard.

What can you recommend??

--
Y.
2 answers Last reply

    Forget ASUS, altough I'm an ASUS user for quite sometime already
    I'm now using the same board as yours.

    Check this out :

    Been aiming for this board for a few days, looks good and suitable my needs
    I'll recommend this one...
    ABIT IS7-E2
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=80
    Cheers
    > I currently have a ASUS P4B266-C motherboard with 1.60A P4 processor. I
    am
    > looking at possibly replacing the motherboard (for use with faster
    > processors and Hyper-Threading) and would like to know which motherboard I
    > should look at. I do not like the "all-in-one" motherboards, since I do
    not
    > like to have all the ports onboard.
    >
    > What can you recommend??
    >
    > --
    > Y.

    I checked out that ABIT MB, and it still has built-in audio and
    LAN. Not the "bare bones" MB being sought.

    Can it _control_ all the fan speeds? Something ASUS seems to
    have abandoned. :(

    Gore wrote:

    > Forget ASUS, altough I'm an ASUS user for quite sometime already
    > I'm now using the same board as yours.
    >
    > Check this out :
    >
    > Been aiming for this board for a few days, looks good and suitable my needs
    > I'll recommend this one...
    > ABIT IS7-E2
    > http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=80
    > Cheers