P4C800 Deluxe: IEEE 1394 Controller problem

The onboard IEEE 1394 Controller is not working. In the bios setup the IEEE
1394 option is ENABLED but when i connect my sony cam there nothing
happened.

using WinXP Pro SP1, mobo P4C800 Deluxe rev.2.00, bios v1016

Anyone have any info or an opinion for me? Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

Michel
5 answers Last reply
More about p4c800 deluxe ieee 1394 controller problem

    Have you installed the Firewire controller driver from the installation CD?

    --
    DaveW

    "Michel" <michelleke@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
    > The onboard IEEE 1394 Controller is not working. In the bios setup the
    IEEE
    > 1394 option is ENABLED but when i connect my sony cam there nothing
    > happened.
    >
    > using WinXP Pro SP1, mobo P4C800 Deluxe rev.2.00, bios v1016
    >
    > Anyone have any info or an opinion for me? Any input appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Michel

    There is no Firewire controller driver on the installation cd

    In article <40c95c16$0$15440$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, "Michel"
    <michelleke@xs4all.nl> wrote:

    > There is no Firewire controller driver on the installation cd

    Firewire can be used for normal devices (like cameras or disk
    enclosures) or it can be used for networking. I don't know what
    would happen if you used the Networking Wizard and set up the
    Firewire interface to expect another computer to be connected
    via Firewire. Maybe that will stop ordinary devices from working
    when they are plugged in ?

    If you have an adapter, try connecting your camera to the second
    Firewire port (the header on the motherboard). You'll need a
    Firewire bracket of some sort to do that, or maybe use a Firewire
    connector on the front of your computer case. If using the computer
    case, you have to be very careful, as I've found wiring errors on
    cases. It pays to check the pinout of the Firewire connector on
    any case, with an ohmmeter, and a pinout figure found on the
    Internet. For example, on some Antec cases, TPA+ and TPA- are
    swapped with one another, and TPB+ and TPB- are swapped
    with one another. Nothing gets damaged with a mistake like that.
    The deadly errors are ones involving VP, the Firewire power
    signal. It is 12V or a higher voltage, and will damage any I/O
    it gets connected to.

    The reason I suggest testing the other Firewire port, is I found
    a post in Google, where a port on a VT6307 was found to be
    dead, out of the box.

    Just a guess,
    Paul

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:54:49 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

    >In article <40c95c16$0$15440$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, "Michel"
    ><michelleke@xs4all.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> There is no Firewire controller driver on the installation cd
    >
    >Firewire can be used for normal devices (like cameras or disk
    >enclosures) or it can be used for networking. I don't know what
    >would happen if you used the Networking Wizard and set up the
    >Firewire interface to expect another computer to be connected
    >via Firewire. Maybe that will stop ordinary devices from working
    >when they are plugged in ?
    >
    >If you have an adapter, try connecting your camera to the second
    >Firewire port (the header on the motherboard). You'll need a
    >Firewire bracket of some sort to do that, or maybe use a Firewire
    >connector on the front of your computer case. If using the computer
    >case, you have to be very careful, as I've found wiring errors on
    >cases. It pays to check the pinout of the Firewire connector on
    >any case, with an ohmmeter, and a pinout figure found on the
    >Internet. For example, on some Antec cases, TPA+ and TPA- are
    >swapped with one another, and TPB+ and TPB- are swapped
    >with one another. Nothing gets damaged with a mistake like that.
    >The deadly errors are ones involving VP, the Firewire power
    >signal. It is 12V or a higher voltage, and will damage any I/O
    >it gets connected to.
    >
    >The reason I suggest testing the other Firewire port, is I found
    >a post in Google, where a port on a VT6307 was found to be
    >dead, out of the box.
    >
    >Just a guess,
    > Paul
    >

    >> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> schreef in bericht
    >> > Have you installed the Firewire controller driver from the installation
    >> CD?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > DaveW
    >> >

    >> > "Michel" <michelleke@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
    >> > IEEE

    Is it UR 1394 port physically on MB, item #25 in Major components that
    is not working or does the 1394 single port riser not work either? My
    MB arrived with the main MB port DOA. My single port riser works fine.
    ASUS offered to exchange it for me, but, since my riser is working and
    I also have a multi port Adaptec card, I choose not to take the time
    and expense(return shipping) to replace it.

    Thanks for all te input. I decided to sent it back to the store

Asus BIOS Controller Motherboards