microsoft word

being computer illiterate how do i get microsoft word on
my computer? i have windows xp home edition.can i
download it or do i have to buy it or is it already on my
system?please help
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft word

    Greetings --

    1) Go to store/shop that sells computer software.

    2) Purchase either Microsoft Word as a stand-alone application, or a
    copy of either the Microsoft Works _Suite_ (not the standard Works) or
    the Microsoft Office suite. (The Works Suite is probably the best
    value.)

    3) Return home.

    4) Insert installation CD in PC's CD drive and follow the on-screen
    prompts and instructions to install application and desired additional
    features.

    Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
    individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
    Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
    system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
    must be purchased and installed separately.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "bewildered dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:dbbb01c43b6d$7dfccc90$a101280a@phx.gbl...

    bewildered dave wrote:
    > being computer illiterate how do i get microsoft word on
    > my computer? i have windows xp home edition.can i
    > download it or do i have to buy it or is it already on my
    > system?please help

    But it. Word is not part of XP, or any other M$ OS.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    In article <e6PNh32OEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    Bob Willard <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote:
    >bewildered dave wrote:
    >> being computer illiterate how do i get microsoft word on
    >> my computer? i have windows xp home edition.can i
    >> download it or do i have to buy it or is it already on my
    >> system?please help
    >
    >But it. Word is not part of XP, or any other M$ OS.
    >--
    >Cheers, Bob

    MS Word is included in the recent Microsoft Works packages. It can be
    had for about $30US.

    --
    Al Dykes
    -----------

    WORD is included with WORKS SUITE at about $80-100.

    | In article <e6PNh32OEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    | Bob Willard <BobwBSGS@TrashThis.comcast.net> wrote:
    | >bewildered dave wrote:
    | >> being computer illiterate how do i get microsoft word
    on
    | >> my computer? i have windows xp home edition.can i
    | >> download it or do i have to buy it or is it already on
    my
    | >> system?please help
    | >
    | >But it. Word is not part of XP, or any other M$ OS.
    | >--
    | >Cheers, Bob
    | >

    | MS Word is included in the recent Microsoft Works
    packages. It can be
    | had for about $30US.
    |

    | --
    | Al Dykes