P4P800SE and dual channel memory...

System:

CPU: 2.8 P4 (HT)
Memory: 1024MB Corsair TWINX512-3200PT 512MB kit DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel
Memory, two matched pairs
Motherboard version: Rev 2.xx
BIOS version: 1004
BIOS date: 26 March 2004
Problem: Memory slot B1 (blue) does not recoqnize the inserted memory card.

Either matched pair shows up as 512MB of memory in slot A2 and B2 (black),
but only as 256MB in slot A1 and B1 (blue).
Installing both matched sets show up as 768MB of memory only. Removing the
memory card from slot B1 (blue) does not change this, the system still shows
768MB of memory. Subsequently, removing A1 (blue) and leaving B1 (blue) in
shows 512MB memory.

Is this just a bad motherboard, or this is a known issues with the P4P800SE?
The BIOS was flushed to the latest version prior to installing the OS.
TIA...

Paul

Splendid

In article <Ql9yc.12$0g3.843@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, "Lasernet"
<me@here.com> wrote:

> System:
>
> CPU: 2.8 P4 (HT)
> Memory: 1024MB Corsair TWINX512-3200PT 512MB kit DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel
> Memory, two matched pairs
> Motherboard version: Rev 2.xx
> BIOS version: 1004
> BIOS date: 26 March 2004
> Problem: Memory slot B1 (blue) does not recoqnize the inserted memory card.
>

> Either matched pair shows up as 512MB of memory in slot A2 and B2 (black),
> but only as 256MB in slot A1 and B1 (blue).
> Installing both matched sets show up as 768MB of memory only. Removing the
> memory card from slot B1 (blue) does not change this, the system still shows
> 768MB of memory. Subsequently, removing A1 (blue) and leaving B1 (blue) in
> shows 512MB memory.
>
> Is this just a bad motherboard, or this is a known issues with the P4P800SE?
> The BIOS was flushed to the latest version prior to installing the OS.
> TIA...

The only thing I can suggest, is try the motherboard outside the
case, while sitting on a piece of cardboard. Maybe something (like
an extra standoff) is touching a track on the bottom of the board.

If it still doesn't work, then it is time to RMA.

HTH,
Paul

> In article <Ql9yc.12$0g3.843@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>, "Lasernet"
> <me@here.com> wrote:
>
> > System:
> >
> > CPU: 2.8 P4 (HT)
> > Memory: 1024MB Corsair TWINX512-3200PT 512MB kit DDR400 XMS3200
Dual-Channel
> > Memory, two matched pairs
> > Motherboard version: Rev 2.xx
> > BIOS version: 1004
> > BIOS date: 26 March 2004
> > Problem: Memory slot B1 (blue) does not recoqnize the inserted memory
card.

> > Either matched pair shows up as 512MB of memory in slot A2 and B2
(black),
> > but only as 256MB in slot A1 and B1 (blue).
> > Installing both matched sets show up as 768MB of memory only. Removing
the
> > memory card from slot B1 (blue) does not change this, the system still
shows
> > 768MB of memory. Subsequently, removing A1 (blue) and leaving B1 (blue)
in
> > shows 512MB memory.
> >
> > Is this just a bad motherboard, or this is a known issues with the
P4P800SE?
> > The BIOS was flushed to the latest version prior to installing the OS.
> > TIA...
>
> The only thing I can suggest, is try the motherboard outside the
> case, while sitting on a piece of cardboard. Maybe something (like
> an extra standoff) is touching a track on the bottom of the board.
>
> If it still doesn't work, then it is time to RMA.
>
> HTH,
> Paul

Thanks Paul, I've got my RMA number today...