Want to revert back to 64 bit

Llyard

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Hello,
My OS home pre 64 bit laptop, has been changed to 32 bit, I can only assume that it was a software installation for mobile phone that has caused this but I cannot restore back to that time as I've only noticed it now, can someone please help, system is running slower!

Check your System Properties screen and see what it says.
Go through Control Panel and choose System and Security then look at System

10291d1241943788-add-oem-logo-windows-7-system-properties-system-properties.png

Llyard

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

Hello WR2, like you said I checked and it said system type 64 bit OS, and yet when I right click for task manager, literally most process are running with *32 on the end, plus it's slower on loading web pages, shutting down and starting up, even loading programs. I needed to update my mobile phone OS from nokia, so installed the software, did the business for the phone last week, have since had updates from MS and Mcafee, I've tried restore but it does not go back to before the mobile install software, even I'm wondering how it's changed

Llyard

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I did as suggested and still as the last reply, thats when I tried a restore to before the phone install, am really pivved, only had it a month, is there a way of going back further on the restore?

You can go back to the original factory condition.
But you'd loose all the customization you've done since you've had it.

So uninstalling the phone software did not change the slow condition?
Disable your Mcafee from running. Test and see if things are running faster then.
Is there any program you don't recognize running in Task Manager that is taking up a lot of CPU %?

Llyard

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Can't see much difference with the Mcafee, had a look at the TM for anything out of ordinary, nothing that I can see, like I said earlier only had it for a month so not much is stored on it, all stuff that is on external HD, ok I'm gonna have to do the original factory condition setting and hope that it will sort this.