P4P800E-Deluxe IDE drive on ATA-RAID controller not found ..

Hi All

I've got a P4P800E-Deluxe.
I have two 80GB IDE Harddisks connected to the primary controller
and a DVD-R/RW drive to the secondary controller.
I also connected a third 80GB IDE harddisk to the ATA-RAID controller,
just to use this as a additional normal drive, no RAID configured
(=IDE) , enhanced set to P-ATA/S-ATA

First I had installed Win2k which had no problems accessing the hd on
the RAID controller after installing the Promis378/ATA driver.
Now after installing WinXP the device manager shows me the Promise 378
controller in error:
Device could not be started (Code10)

Any ideas, comments ??
Need more infos ??

any help appreciated.
Oliver

There are two DIFFERENT drivers that can be associated with the
Promise controller - one for RAID & one for plain IDE/ATA. I got the
RAID one from the ASUS site & when I went back to non-RAID, from the
P4C800D CD.

- Art

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:42:43 +0200, Oliver Bardenheier
<oliver[NOSPAM]@[NOSPAM]bardenheier.de> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I've got a P4P800E-Deluxe.
>I have two 80GB IDE Harddisks connected to the primary controller
>and a DVD-R/RW drive to the secondary controller.
>I also connected a third 80GB IDE harddisk to the ATA-RAID controller,
>just to use this as a additional normal drive, no RAID configured
>(=IDE) , enhanced set to P-ATA/S-ATA
>
>First I had installed Win2k which had no problems accessing the hd on
>the RAID controller after installing the Promis378/ATA driver.
>Now after installing WinXP the device manager shows me the Promise 378
>controller in error:
>Device could not be started (Code10)
>

>Any ideas, comments ??
>Need more infos ??
>
>any help appreciated.
>Oliver

Thanks,

I already found that WinXP didn't choose the ATA driver and took the
RAID. So, I forced it manually to take the ATA driver from CD.
Now it works fine.

Oliver