Decreasing dual analog gamepad sensitivity

May 17, 2004 4:28:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Folks,

I've got a space-flight sim I really would like to use my XFX Executioner
gamepad on, but even with the in-game joystick sensitivity at the lowest
level, the gamepad analog stick is much too twitchy.

Is there a Windows registry setting that can be tweaked to make the gamepad
less responsive? Or even a generic gamepad driver (with sensitivity
setting) that might be compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Evan
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 4:35:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

FYI, the game is Descent: Freespace.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 1:26:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi Evan,

You could try to add that gamepad as a generic one
using Control Panel / Game Controllers. This should
especially work well if it's a gameport analog joystick.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Evan Joanette" <ejoanett@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:o I7d855OEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| FYI, the game is Descent: Freespace.

May 31, 2004 7:01:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Thanks, I've done this, but I don't see any options to decrease the
gamepad sensitivity.

I need something that tricks all the games I play into thinking that
when the analog pad is pressed fully in one direction, it's only
"half" way pressed.

This should prevent any overly rapid movements while playing flight
sims.
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 2:29:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Try the DXTweak utility that allows you to do things like that,
http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

"Evan Joanette" <ejoanett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, I've done this, but I don't see any options to decrease the
> gamepad sensitivity.
>
> I need something that tricks all the games I play into thinking that
> when the analog pad is pressed fully in one direction, it's only
> "half" way pressed.
>
> This should prevent any overly rapid movements while playing flight
> sims.
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 8:43:28 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I'm currently not at my computer, but from what I read, this is
EXACTLY the kind of utility I need.

Thanks!

Evan

"pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message news:<e#5Irf3REHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Try the DXTweak utility that allows you to do things like that,
> http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 8:40:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Downloaded the TweakDX2 last night and it sounds cool, but I keep
getting WinXP application errors when I try to run it.

SEND/DON'T SEND an error report!!!???
I'll send an error report all right...right up Billy's butt!
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 8:50:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I've tried DXtweak2, which by all accounts should fix my problem
exactly.

Unfortunately, I am continually unable to fully run the application as
it errors out after detected the presence of my controller. I've
tried a CH (Thrustmaster?) utility that created the same error,
leading me to wonder if the drivers supplied both by Windows and XFX
for my Executioner gamepad are incompatible with Dxtweak2.

An interesting side note to this problem, and possible explanation of
the error is that my gamepad is reported as a PS2 (Playstation)
controller. Odd no?
Anonymous
June 30, 2004 1:15:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi Evan,

That's quite odd indeed. I would be curious to know
what the folks who created that utility might suggest..

--

!