Decreasing dual analog gamepad sensitivity

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Folks,

I've got a space-flight sim I really would like to use my XFX Executioner
gamepad on, but even with the in-game joystick sensitivity at the lowest
level, the gamepad analog stick is much too twitchy.

Is there a Windows registry setting that can be tweaked to make the gamepad
less responsive? Or even a generic gamepad driver (with sensitivity
setting) that might be compatible?

Thanks in advance.

Evan
8 answers Last reply
More about decreasing dual analog gamepad sensitivity
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    FYI, the game is Descent: Freespace.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi Evan,

    You could try to add that gamepad as a generic one
    using Control Panel / Game Controllers. This should
    especially work well if it's a gameport analog joystick.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Evan Joanette" <ejoanett@hotmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:OI7d855OEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    | FYI, the game is Descent: Freespace.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks, I've done this, but I don't see any options to decrease the
    gamepad sensitivity.

    I need something that tricks all the games I play into thinking that
    when the analog pad is pressed fully in one direction, it's only
    "half" way pressed.

    This should prevent any overly rapid movements while playing flight
    sims.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Try the DXTweak utility that allows you to do things like that,
    http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

    "Evan Joanette" <ejoanett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I've done this, but I don't see any options to decrease the
    > gamepad sensitivity.
    >
    > I need something that tricks all the games I play into thinking that
    > when the analog pad is pressed fully in one direction, it's only
    > "half" way pressed.
    >
    > This should prevent any overly rapid movements while playing flight
    > sims.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I'm currently not at my computer, but from what I read, this is
    EXACTLY the kind of utility I need.

    Thanks!

    Evan

    "pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message news:<e#5Irf3REHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
    > Try the DXTweak utility that allows you to do things like that,
    > http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Downloaded the TweakDX2 last night and it sounds cool, but I keep
    getting WinXP application errors when I try to run it.

    SEND/DON'T SEND an error report!!!???
    I'll send an error report all right...right up Billy's butt!
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    I've tried DXtweak2, which by all accounts should fix my problem
    exactly.

    Unfortunately, I am continually unable to fully run the application as
    it errors out after detected the presence of my controller. I've
    tried a CH (Thrustmaster?) utility that created the same error,
    leading me to wonder if the drivers supplied both by Windows and XFX
    for my Executioner gamepad are incompatible with Dxtweak2.

    An interesting side note to this problem, and possible explanation of
    the error is that my gamepad is reported as a PS2 (Playstation)
    controller. Odd no?
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi Evan,

    That's quite odd indeed. I would be curious to know
    what the folks who created that utility might suggest..

    --

    "Evan Joanette" <ejoanett@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a69ed305.0406300350.3c4b8b05@posting.google.com...
    | I've tried DXtweak2, which by all accounts should fix my problem
    | exactly.
    |
    | Unfortunately, I am continually unable to fully run the application as
    | it errors out after detected the presence of my controller. I've
    | tried a CH (Thrustmaster?) utility that created the same error,
    | leading me to wonder if the drivers supplied both by Windows and XFX
    | for my Executioner gamepad are incompatible with Dxtweak2.
    |
    | An interesting side note to this problem, and possible explanation of
    | the error is that my gamepad is reported as a PS2 (Playstation)
    | controller. Odd no?

Games Microsoft Gamepad Windows XP