Socket 370 To Tualatin CPU Adapter?

Anybody know anything about these things? I've got an old box that
I would like to turn into a headless server. Problem is I'd like to upgrade
the CPU but finding a 370 based chip is next to impossible. If these
adapters work then that would make life much easier. Board is Asus CUV4X.

Thanks
Nick

Nick Zentena wrote:

> Anybody know anything about these things? I've got an old box that
> I would like to turn into a headless server. Problem is I'd like to upgrade
> the CPU but finding a 370 based chip is next to impossible. If these
> adapters work then that would make life much easier. Board is Asus CUV4X.
>
> Thanks
> Nick

www.powerleap.com

Regards
Nikos

Paul

Splendid

In article <qhgop1-1n9.ln1@barley.dyndns.org>, Nick Zentena
<zentena@hophead.dyndns.org> wrote:

> Anybody know anything about these things? I've got an old box that
> I would like to turn into a headless server. Problem is I'd like to upgrade
> the CPU but finding a 370 based chip is next to impossible. If these
> adapters work then that would make life much easier. Board is Asus CUV4X.
>
> Thanks
> Nick

Try pricewatch.com and search on "Coppermine". Go through
the list and see if there is something faster than what
you've got.

Paul

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 04:07:43 +0300, Nikolaos Tampakis
<ntabakis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Nick Zentena wrote:
>
>> Anybody know anything about these things? I've got an old box that
>> I would like to turn into a headless server. Problem is I'd like to upgrade
>> the CPU but finding a 370 based chip is next to impossible. If these
>> adapters work then that would make life much easier. Board is Asus CUV4X.
>
>www.powerleap.com

They sure messed up their website. I couldn't find anything on
products like I used to there. It appears they have independent
resellers now. I did a search on ebay and found several selling both
the complete units and just new adapter cards (~$48).

www.upgradeware.com do a cheap FCPGA / Tualatin adapter called the
370GU....it works fine.