I can't get Windows to recognize my nvidea geforce2 MX400
video card. Device Manager shows the card can't be found -
in Display - Properties - Advanced - Driver, it shows my
video driver as "Vgasave" along with conflicts with my
Intel AGP drivers. I've installed the latest Intel
motherboard drivers and the latest Nvidia drivers. When I
reboot, Windows finds my nvidia card - but it installs
Vgasave first, and then it reports that it can't install
my nvidia card. Is there some way around this mess???

This can occur if the video card drivers where not WHQL certified. It
happened to me! I tried every drivers for my MX 420 but I never got the
card to be recognised. I was then forced to do a repair re-install, which
did fix this problem.

BTW: You need vgasave. vgasave is the standard non-plug and play video
card drvie used in "Safe Mode".

"Ned Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't get Windows to recognize my nvidea geforce2 MX400
> video card. Device Manager shows the card can't be found -
> in Display - Properties - Advanced - Driver, it shows my
> video driver as "Vgasave" along with conflicts with my
> Intel AGP drivers. I've installed the latest Intel
> motherboard drivers and the latest Nvidia drivers. When I
> reboot, Windows finds my nvidia card - but it installs
> Vgasave first, and then it reports that it can't install
> my nvidia card. Is there some way around this mess???

Thanks, but the drivers are WHQL certified. I know I need
Vgasave - but I don't want it until I need it in Safe Mode!

xMOXIEx

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
lets assume we all know wtf we are talking about....whql, drivers, safe mode, etc......Windows will not get out of VGA Save mode even after uninstalling (cleaning out the old drivers) and attempting to load the "freshly" downloaded NEW F N drivers. It simply will not take the drivers it will only stay in VGA Save mode. No matter what! It's FN pissin me off and I've been doing this for 10 plus years.