Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Funny Display

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 17, 2004 4:04:32 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

My display started squeezing down (Dali like) in the bottom. I have two XP
Pro computers plugged into this monitor, and pressing the INPUT button to
switch between computers, the other computer displays fine.

Is my video card dead? Or is there something else to look at.

More about : funny display

May 17, 2004 8:31:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If you have identical AGP cards in both PCs, make sure that the drivers and display settings resolution and refresh rate are identical.

Small differences will affect the screen appearance.
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 5:59:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

On 17-May-2004, =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If you have identical AGP cards in both PCs, make sure that the drivers and
> display settings resolution and refresh rate are identical.
>
> Small differences will affect the screen appearance.

The cards are different. And the displays for both computers worked fine until
yesterday.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 17, 2004 7:40:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

You could try swapping the inputs on the monitor (ie plug the PCs in the
other way round) just to rule out monitor problems.

Try different settings on the problem PCs graphics setting (reduce
resolution, refresh rate, colour depth...)

If you are a little bit technical, trying swapping the graphics cards round
in the PCs and see if the problem follow the graphics card or stays with the
problem PC.

If it follows the card, I would suspect a dodgy graphics card.

Cheers and good luck!

ChrisM

"Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message
news:uSDe6cBPEHA.2920@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
> On 17-May-2004, =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>
> > If you have identical AGP cards in both PCs, make sure that the drivers
and
> > display settings resolution and refresh rate are identical.
> >
> > Small differences will affect the screen appearance.
>
> The cards are different. And the displays for both computers worked fine
until
> yesterday.
May 19, 2004 6:54:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I swapped cords, plugging in the cords from the monitors to the other
computers. They worked fine. Back and forth, good and bad. I finally
changed refresh rate from 60 to 70 and everything is working fine.

Weird.
May 19, 2004 3:50:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I spoke too soon. This morning my other computer displays with the same
problem. My monitor is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 400PS that cost more than
my computer when I bought it. I wonder if it is going bad.
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 6:31:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

On 19-May-2004, howard@brazee.net wrote:

> I spoke too soon. This morning my other computer displays with the same
> problem. My monitor is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 400PS that cost more than
> my computer when I bought it. I wonder if it is going bad.

Funny thing. This monitor has two inputs. I am back to the same plugs in the
same computers. But the input that was distorted is not the other input.
!