Lost processor speed.

wojtek

My hardware:
AMDT13G26 - AMD ATHLON "THUNDERBIRD" 1.3GHZ 366FSB PROCESSOR
MSTK7T266P - MICROSTAR K7T266 PRO VIA APOLLO KT266 DDR SOCKET
OS: Windows XP Pro
Actually Control Panel/System/General shows:
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
1.00 GHz
What happened to 0.333 GHz, originally it was 1.333 GHz
Any ideas what could happen and how to recover 1.333???
Wojtek

Wojtek wrote:
> My hardware:
> AMDT13G26 - AMD ATHLON "THUNDERBIRD" 1.3GHZ 366FSB PROCESSOR
> MSTK7T266P - MICROSTAR K7T266 PRO VIA APOLLO KT266 DDR SOCKET
> OS: Windows XP Pro
> Actually Control Panel/System/General shows:
> AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
> 1.00 GHz
> What happened to 0.333 GHz, originally it was 1.333 GHz
> Any ideas what could happen and how to recover 1.333???
> Wojtek

1) The FSB is 133 (266 is DDR), not 366, but I assume that was just a
typo.

2) The answer's simple (had you done the maths you could have figured it
out). You have the multiplier correctly set (10) but the FSB is set to 100,
instead of 133.

You could have really worked that out yourself had you bothered to RTFM.

wojtek

1)266 is ok, it was just typo
2)May be it is simple but not for me.
Who change FSB from 133 to 100 (I didn't do it, because I have no idea how
to do it and I don't know what does FSB mean).
Any ideas how switch back FSB to 133 (whatever does it mean)
Wojtek

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> Wojtek wrote:
> > My hardware:
> > AMDT13G26 - AMD ATHLON "THUNDERBIRD" 1.3GHZ 366FSB PROCESSOR
> > MSTK7T266P - MICROSTAR K7T266 PRO VIA APOLLO KT266 DDR SOCKET
> > OS: Windows XP Pro
> > Actually Control Panel/System/General shows:
> > AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
> > 1.00 GHz
> > What happened to 0.333 GHz, originally it was 1.333 GHz
> > Any ideas what could happen and how to recover 1.333???
> > Wojtek
>
> 1) The FSB is 133 (266 is DDR), not 366, but I assume that was just a
> typo.
>
> 2) The answer's simple (had you done the maths you could have figured
it
> out). You have the multiplier correctly set (10) but the FSB is set to
100,
> instead of 133.
>
> You could have really worked that out yourself had you bothered to RTFM.

You switch back to 133 FSB by reading the manual so you know where to go and
what to do! Hint! It's done in the bios.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Wojtek" <wguzins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> 1)266 is ok, it was just typo
> 2)May be it is simple but not for me.
> Who change FSB from 133 to 100 (I didn't do it, because I have no idea how
> to do it and I don't know what does FSB mean).
> Any ideas how switch back FSB to 133 (whatever does it mean)
> Wojtek
>
> "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> > Wojtek wrote:
> > > My hardware:
> > > AMDT13G26 - AMD ATHLON "THUNDERBIRD" 1.3GHZ 366FSB PROCESSOR
> > > MSTK7T266P - MICROSTAR K7T266 PRO VIA APOLLO KT266 DDR SOCKET
> > > OS: Windows XP Pro
> > > Actually Control Panel/System/General shows:
> > > AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
> > > 1.00 GHz
> > > What happened to 0.333 GHz, originally it was 1.333 GHz
> > > Any ideas what could happen and how to recover 1.333???
> > > Wojtek
> >
> > 1) The FSB is 133 (266 is DDR), not 366, but I assume that was just a
> > typo.
> >
> > 2) The answer's simple (had you done the maths you could have figured
> it
> > out). You have the multiplier correctly set (10) but the FSB is set to
> 100,
> > instead of 133.
> >
> > You could have really worked that out yourself had you bothered to RTFM.

wojtek

Thanks a lot, good hint!
But I still Don't understand how it could happen.
Is it possible that malicious software could change bios setup?
All for some reason system did it iself? or may be I did it unknowingly? but
how?
Nevermind, I'm asking just by curiosity.
Wojtek

"Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:e94XFF7OEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You switch back to 133 FSB by reading the manual so you know where to go
and
> what to do! Hint! It's done in the bios.
>
> --
> Regards:
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> "Wojtek" <wguzins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > 1)266 is ok, it was just typo
> > 2)May be it is simple but not for me.
> > Who change FSB from 133 to 100 (I didn't do it, because I have no idea
how
> > to do it and I don't know what does FSB mean).
> > Any ideas how switch back FSB to 133 (whatever does it mean)
> > Wojtek
> >
> > "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > 1) The FSB is 133 (266 is DDR), not 366, but I assume that was just
> > > typo.
> > >
> > > 2) The answer's simple (had you done the maths you could have
figured
> > it
> > > out). You have the multiplier correctly set (10) but the FSB is set to
> > 100,
> > > instead of 133.
> > >
> > > You could have really worked that out yourself had you bothered to
RTFM.

My older Asus M/B would do it upon occasion, especially if my grandson
turned off the power as it was posting. It CAN happen. Suggest you learn how
to undo the error! It happened to me 6-8 times in one year, till I got
another M/B.

--

> Thanks a lot, good hint!
> But I still Don't understand how it could happen.
> Is it possible that malicious software could change bios setup?
> All for some reason system did it iself? or may be I did it unknowingly?
but
> how?
> Nevermind, I'm asking just by curiosity.
> Wojtek
>
> "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:e94XFF7OEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > You switch back to 133 FSB by reading the manual so you know where to go
> and
> > what to do! Hint! It's done in the bios.
> >
> > --
> > Regards:
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > "Wojtek" <wguzins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > 1)266 is ok, it was just typo
> > > 2)May be it is simple but not for me.
> > > Who change FSB from 133 to 100 (I didn't do it, because I have no idea
> how
> > > to do it and I don't know what does FSB mean).
> > > Any ideas how switch back FSB to 133 (whatever does it mean)
> > > Wojtek
> > >
> > > "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message

> figured
> > > it
> > > 100,

> RTFM.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Wojtek" <wguzins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks a lot, good hint!
> But I still Don't understand how it could happen.
> Is it possible that malicious software could change bios setup?
> All for some reason system did it iself? or may be I did it unknowingly?
but
> how?
> Nevermind, I'm asking just by curiosity.
> Wojtek
>
> "Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:e94XFF7OEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > You switch back to 133 FSB by reading the manual so you know where to go
> and
> > what to do! Hint! It's done in the bios.
> >
> > --
> > Regards:
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > "Wojtek" <wguzins1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > 1)266 is ok, it was just typo
> > > 2)May be it is simple but not for me.
> > > Who change FSB from 133 to 100 (I didn't do it, because I have no idea
> how
> > > to do it and I don't know what does FSB mean).
> > > Any ideas how switch back FSB to 133 (whatever does it mean)
> > > Wojtek
> > >
> > > "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message

> figured
> > > it
> > > 100,

> RTFM.

Well, in case you didn't catch the similarities between cerridwen's and
bastard's posts, they are relatives. The difference being, he kept his name,
while her was "Crusty Old Cùnt"!